10

Disclaimer: I ain't spoiling nothing, but remember, this book is labeled mature for a reason. Happy reading 😉

real life

August 2nd

Paige

Shit I didn't think this far, I didn't think she would actually say yes.

She and I walk back to the living room in silence. We sit down on opposite ends of the couch. No one speaks for what feels like hours.

"Why did you kiss me." She is the first one to speak.

"You left me. You did Paige. You are the one who ended our relationship, it was your choice not mine so why did you kiss me? You told me that you didn't love me anymore that you didn't want me, so why did you kiss me? I don't understand." She says looking at me.

I just stare at the wall. I can't look at her. I can't do it.

"I don't know." I say still looking at the wall. "I just, lost control. I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

"You are so, confusing Paige." She says standing up. She starts to pace around.

"I mean, we haven't spoken in four years. Four years Paige. And then when I see you for the first time, you say nothing. You go from ignoring my existence to kissing me in a matter of hours. I just don't understand, Paige. Please explain it to me. Why, just tell me why."

"I don't know!" I yell standing up. I can tell she is taken back from my tone, from the way she flinched at my words. Now I'm pacing.

"I don't know Charlie." I say lowering my voice. " I want to give you an answer, but I can't. I don't have one. I don't know why I did, but I promise you it won't happen again." I say walking back towards her.

"I have never lied to you, have I?" I say grabbing her hands.

Yes I have. I am still lying now. She thinks I don't love her. I do, I always will. But I can't tell her that.

"No," she mutters as she looks at the ground.

"I didn't hear you what did you say?"

"No Paige, you have never lied to me." She says looking up at me. God she is so beautiful.

We just stare at each others eyes for a while. It's not until I hear her voice that I break out of my trance.

"Paige." She says.

"Yes"

"Remember when you said that you would never kiss me again." She starts.

"Yes I remember"

"Well what happens if I kiss you." She says staring back up at me.

What the fuck. She did not just say that. Oh my god. She wants to kiss me. No Paige stay strong. You are doing this for a reason. You need to protect her.

"I should go, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." She says as she starts to let go of my hands.

"No," I say pulling her back close to me.
"If you kissed me, well I don't know if I would be able to stop."

"Well what if I don't want you to." She says.

"You are walking on a dangerous line Charlie, don't start something you can't finish."

"One night, that's all I ask. Then we can go back to being whatever the hell this is. Just give my on night of the Paige I fell in love with and I'll leave you alone. Just give me closure. Please." She says staring up at me with those big brown eyes.