3. Love?

~Y/n~

I walk out to the bonfire area early in the morning to see Newt is still in the same place he was last night, he's just asleep. I walk over to him and rub his shoulder.

"Newt, are you okay? You haven't moved since last night" he wakes up and looks at me groggily. He smiles.

"Morning, love" Love? That's nothing like being called Rat. I like it, it's sweet.

"Why are you still here?" I ask him.

"I don't remember, I think I just fell asleep after you left." I hold out my hand so I can pull him up.

"You look terrible, did you get any sleep last night?" He tells me.

"Thanks, you're a real charmer. No I didn't, Chuck was in my bed, he heard us talking about Ben and fell asleep when I gave him a hug. So I went into the med hut and restocked everything, remade the beds, checked on Ben multiple times. He's fine just sleeping."

"Y/n you need sleep, it's not healthy to stay up all night." He looks concerned.

"I'm fine, I've done it before when we all caught that bug, I had to look after everyone, while I was sick, I'll be fine."

"Okay but you're not going to be doing anything unless it's completely necessary." I roll my eyes at him.

"Fine" he smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"Where are you going this early in the morning? The sun hasn't even gone over the wall yet" I pull away from the hug and look at the forest.

"Come I'll show you" I hold out my hand for him, he takes it and I take us to the tallest tree in the forest, it's right next to the pond and you can see the whole glade from the top of it. I let go of his hand and start climbing.

"Come on" I tell him still climbing. We reach a branch and watch the sun rise over the wall and observe the small things on the glade.

"It's beautiful isn't it" I say.

"Yeah...it is." He agrees. I turn to look at him. He wasn't looking at the glade, he was looking at me. I look at his lips and back at his eyes. He leans in and kisses me. I kiss him back. He puts one of his legs over the other side of the branch and puts his back against the tree. I put one of my legs on the other side of the tree and rest my legs over his. We kiss for a couple minutes before the sun is fully over the wall and we make our way down the tree.

"Hey, y/n are we gonna tell anyone?" I frown. I haven't thought about how the others would react.

"No, at least not right now."

"Okay, I can keep a secret" he winks at me. He's so cute. I walk off behind Newt to see Chuck awake.

"Hey bud, how are you today?" He looks at me.

"A bit better, is he still here? Do I get to say goodbye?" I look at the maze doors they start to open.

"Yup he's still here, he's in the pit, he's probably sleeping, we don't know what he'll be like when we wake him though so why don't you go say goodbye to him while he's asleep?" He nods and walks off to the pit.

Alby walks out of his hut.

"Hey Alby, what are we doing with the Ben situation, Chuck is going to go say goodbye while he's still asleep." Alby looks at Chuck talking through the bars of the pit.

"Poor kid. We'll have to wait for the end of the day to banish him, but luckily today the doors close at 12 instead of 6." I nod. I look at Newt we lock eyes. I feel the heat of Alby's gaze on me and I close my eyes and start walking to my hut.

"I didn't get any sleep last night, Chuck took my bed, don't wake me up until something happens or Ben is getting banished." Alby nods and I walk off to my hut.

*Time skip to banishing Ben*

Chuck wakes me up, unshed tears in his eyes. I pull him into a hug and kiss the top of his hair.

"Let's go buddy" he shakes his head.

"You want to stay here? You can stay here while we do it if you want." He nods. "Okay bud, I'll see you real soon alright?"

I walk off out to the pit where everyone is surrounding it. I open it slowly. Ben doesn't move he sits staring at the wall. I chuck the bars back and he looks up. He's gotten so much worse. He jumps out of the pit and tackles me. Everything goes black.