11. Griever

~Y/n~

You wake up it's bright outside but you're laying on Newt's chest still.

"Good morning my love" he brushes your hair out of your face. You fave him and smile, you give him a kiss.

"Good morning handsome, it's bright outside. Why are we still here?" I ask him rubbing my eyes.

"Minho and Thomas are going to check out the griever and you kept waking up during the night, so I asked Jeff to tell the others you were resting today. He said they know about us..you told them?"

"Oh okay. And um you kinda did, you were drunk and you said 'hello love' then toppled over onto me and tried to kiss me. I tried to take you here but you yelled 'nooo I want to tell everyone' so I kinda had to tell everyone what you wanted to tell them."

"Oh..... pfft, and I thought you were hilarious when you're drunk, I sound awesome" he laughs at himself and I join in.

"Yeah till you can't walk straight and I basically have to carry you, putting weight on my sore ankle"

"Oh....sorry love" he apologises. He's so handsome, and sweet and how do I deserve him.

"It's okay.....since we aren't doing anything today. Can I take you somewhere?"

"Yeah?" He says cheerily.

"Yup! C'mon" I tell him grabbing his hand and dragging him off the bed. We walk outside, I instinctively drop his hand but remember we've told everyone so it doesn't matter. I pick up his hand again and smile at him. He kisses the corner of my mouth.

"Hey Jeff! By Jeff" I tell him as we walk past the med hut to the forest. I stop at our tree.

"Umm y/n, you've taken me here before" he points out.

"Yes I know, but look through the trees at the end of the wall back there" I point at a small hut Alby and I made when we came here. It's been my safest place besides the tree. I take his arm and wrap it around my shoulder.

We arrive at the hut, I haven't been here this year, and it's almost April. I walk in with Newt behind me when I see the writing I did about him carved into the wall.

"Nope, nevermind" I tell him going back out and trying to pull him away.

"Why? If it's a bug I can kill it." He says.

"Bitch you know damn well I ain't scared of bugs."

"Yeah....so let's go then" he breaks out of my grasp and crawls in.

"NEWT!" Ugh why can't he listen. I hear him laugh.

"Wow you were in love with me for years" he says looking at all the stuff I've written.

"Whatever" I roll my eyes at him. He reads all the little stories I've written about him.

"You're adorable." I ignore him and pout.

"You're mad at me now are you?" He laughs at me.

"Don't laugh at me!" I say sternly. He quickly leans in a kisses me. I can't help but smirk.

"There she is. Right so everytime your mad, just give you a kiss? Sounds good." I roll my eyes at him and pull him by his shirt to kiss me. I gasp when he pulls me in by my waist.

"You know...no one can hear us out here" I tell him.

"Yeah?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah." I tell him. We look at each other for a moment before I climb onto his lap and brush his hair out of his face. I smile down at him.

"Hey" I say breathily.

"Hi" he replies. I tilt his head back and lean down to kiss him, he puts his head back more giving me full access to his mouth. I map his mouth with my tongue, remembering everything thing about it. He tastes sweet. I pull away and kiss his jaw, behind his ear and the curve of his neck.

"Y/n, you're gonna be the death of me" he moans. I push him onto his back. He puts his hand in my hair and the other pulling my waist into his body. I feel him go hard under me. It's strange, I've never experienced anything like it before...but I like knowing that I can do this to him.

I reach down to the hem of his shirt and look up at him. He nods. I pull it up and over his head.

"You're beautiful." I tell him, genuinely. Not because I feel obligated, or because I feel the need to validate him and his scars, but because he's genuinely beautiful. He pulls my shirt over my head and touches the big scar I've had on my waist since I was 12, he traces the belt scars my dad gave me and places a kiss on every single one of them.