Chapter 1: Foundings

Nightlight

Light woke up in the strong arms of the woman she loved. Beth was still asleep in the grassy field. The wind gently blew through her long, blonde, hair. Light took a moment to admire her sleeping beauty. She soon got her bearings. She was in the middle of a massive field, surrounded by the unconscious bodies of her friends.

That was when she remembered: they were all dead a few minutes ago! It all came flooding back to Light. She and Beth had defeated famous anarchist Technoblade and his pet monster, The Abyss. It was going to consume every living thing in their world, but they had vanquished it with the help of a red diamond given to them by a dimension hopping British child. Nothing was quite making sense.

The diamond! Where was it?! Light frantically checked her pockets but she didn't even have a wheat seed in there. That diamond was the key to keeping her memory between dimension hops!

It was at this time that Beth regained consciousness. She yawned herself awake.

"Good morning sweetie," Beth said.

Light didn't have the words to meet her. Did she remember everything? They were both holding the diamond when they killed the monster but that was the last thing she remembered.

Light decided to test the waters, "Did you...see what happened to Technoblade?"

"I think he got blasted off The Abyss and fell into the darkness."

Beth seemed to realize the truth at the same time as Light.

"How do I remember that?" she asked.

"It's Tommy's diamond. We have to find it!"

An audible gasp was uttered from not too far away. Standing over them they saw a woman who they had never seen before. She had short, curly red hair with freckles dotting her face. She was wearing a green shirt with blue overalls and an innocent face.

"YOU GUYS!" This woman shouted joyously, "I'm so happy for you!"

Light had no clue what this stranger was talking about. That was until she looked at her right hand. Around her ring finger was a gold band with a small red diamond positioned into it. She looked at Light's hand which bore an identical ring around her finger.

"When's the wedding?!" The stranger called out. "Can I be the flower girl?!"

Light's head was spinning. She never proposed. It was too soon. And with everything going on, there was no time for a wedding. This was her nightmare.

Fortunately, Beth responded for her. "Soon," she said.

That was the worst possible answer she could have given. Had Beth proposed and she had just forgotten?!

"Everyone gather around!" a familiar voice commanded.

It was X. He had taken a position at the center of the scattered hermits as they regained consciousness.

The hermits quickly gathered around him.

"I would like to welcome everyone to HERMITCRAFT SEASON EIGHT!"

The hermits cheered, all except for Beth and Light. Light needed to get her alone.

X continued, "Thank you and welcome new members of the hermits. May your bases be mega and may your pranks be hilarious! Good luck everybody!"

With that, X concluded his speech and everyone began to split up to gather materials.

Light dragged Beth behind a tree to talk to her.