Chapter 12: A Wedding at the End of the World

Nightlight

There was a lot to do when preparing a wedding at the end of the world. The first thing they needed was an officiator. They picked Mumbo Jumbo. Why? He was the only one wearing a suit.

The next thing they needed was a venue. Of course in order to make the plan work, they chose the area around The Boatem Hole. Once everyone arrived, they would use the earthquakes along with Doc and Ren's expert redstone to push everyone into the hole and through the portal that hopefully Pam was able to make by now.

Doc and Ren managed to rig a few redstone machines under the grass around The Boatem Hole. They would jack up at the press of a button and slant the entire audience into the hole.

Grian was in charge of seating. He even put on a little black bow tie for the occasion. As he was setting up oak chairs in front of a small, makeshift stage, Scar decorated the landscape with beautiful custom trees.

Of course Impulse was kind enough to run around and dispense invitations to everyone, but he was back in plenty of time.

Light loved seeing her friends coming together and using their talents to pull off an event that everyone could enjoy. While trapped in her own head, Beth pulled her to one side, behind The G Train, where no one could hear them.

Light realized her mistake. She had forgotten to tell her girlfriend they were getting married. Ever since they got back Beth had just been rolling with it because it was for the good of the hermits they went through with this. But now...she assumed a fight was inevitable. Maybe she could preempt it.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have sprung this on you. I just want to save everyone. We can call off the wedding if you-"

Light's apology was interrupted by Beth's kiss.

"You don't have to be sorry," Beth said.

She then removed her ring from her hand before getting down on one knee.

"But we're going to do this right. Abby Louise Brightman...will you marry me?"

Abby Louise Brightman. It was Light's real name. It had been so long she had forgotten it. Beth seemed to remember it before she did. That's why she didn't hesitate before saying,

"YES!"

The two embraced in a hug as Beth swung Light around in the air.

Love had conquered evil before. But they weren't doing this to conquer evil. They were doing this for themselves.

The wedding came soon. Doc was Light's best man on the stage. Scar would walk Beth down the aisle. It was during rehearsal when Big Eyes took their time to strike.

The members of Boatem had since ignored the statue of Mr. Pew Pew. They just assumed it was a symbolic peace offering from Big Eyes. It was anything but. As rehearsals were underway, Bdubs, Tango, and Keralis landed on the roof of The G Train and different trees. Bdubs took this time to make a speech.

"You think you can just mess with The Big Eyes Crew and get away with it?!" Bdubs shouted.

"Bdubs, can't you see we're in the middle of something?" Grian pointed out.

"YEAH! You are!" Bdubs retaliated. "TANGO! NOW!"

With that simple command, Tango drew his bow and fired it at the back of Mr. Pew Pew. This triggered a redstone chain reaction inside the statue, causing the front of it to explode. Out of the statue burst 80 wild ravagers.

Boatem panicked. Their C.E.O. flew off to safety while the others were stuck on the ground as they were bowled over by ravagers.

Bdubs smiled. This was exactly how he wanted it to go. His crew was safe while the others were being chased by bloodthirsty monsters. It was perfect.