Chapter 11: Preparations

DocM77

Doc and Ren finished packing up their redstone machines. It took longer than it should have because of the almost constant earthquakes causing the world to shake every few minutes. To make matters worse, random chunks of their build were starting to float up into the air before falling back into place.

The moon was now a massive force in the sky. It was so big that the hermits could see it during almost all hours of the day.

They stacked the last of the chests full of redstone supplies off in one corner of the arena of The Octagon. That was when a red ball of energy burst into the arena next to them, blowing apart their chests and scattering redstone everywhere. Out of the ball of energy emerged Light and Beth.

"YOU GUYS ARE BACK!" Ren shouted excitedly.

"Did you find anything?" Doc asked.

"We found EVERYTHING," confirmed Light.

Over the next few minutes, Doc and Ren heard Light and Beth tell the most fantastical story about mind wipes, terrorists, monsters, and, apparently, they were all in a video game. Doc didn't want to believe it but it seemed like he didn't have a choice.

"So how are we gonna gather every hermit in one place? Especially when the world is ending?" Ren raised the issue.

"Easy!" said Light. "Beth and I are gonna get married."

A prompt "Wait, WHAT?!" Followed from everyone else there.