Rin x Miku Dissolving Beauty💕

This is based off of Junji Ito's short story, Dissolving Beauty. I'm hoping I made the concept easy to understand for people who haven't read it.
But anyways, idk what you call this... uhh toxic yuri?

Rin had been dating Miku for a week now. Everyone always hears Rin praising her and telling her how beautiful she was. Miku loved the attention from her and gained lots of confidence.

Rin and Miku were walking down the street, trying to find a nice restaurant to eat at.

"You're so beautiful, Miku. It's like you're the most flawless girl on earth" Rin praises and Miku blushes.

"Aw, thank you Rin!"

While they were walking, people were looking at Miku with disgust and fear.

"Why's everyone looking at me like that? Aren't I beautiful?" Miku asks.

"Yes of course! They're just stunned by your beauty. They wish they looked like you." Rin reassured her then pulled a mirror out of her pocket and gave it to miku, "See? You're stunning."

Miku looked at her disheveled face. It looked as if she had aged prematurely and horribly. Her eyes were all sunken in, her skin was growing warts, and her teeth were all messed up.

"Ah, I guess you're right!" Miku smiled at Rin and they continued walking despite the judgmental stares.

When they made it to the restaurant, Rin continued complimenting Miku. Each time she was complimented, it seemed as if her face got more and more deformed.

With each 'you're so beautiful' that came from Rin's mouth, something else would happen to Miku's face. But she believed that she was beautiful. Why else would Rin tell her she was?
Her skin was growing more warts and looked as if it was melting away.

"I invited my brother to have lunch with us." Rin told her.

"Your brother? Len is gonna eat with us?" Miku smiled warmly with her crooked teeth and Rin nodded.

"He will be here shortly, I wanted him to see your beautiful face" Rin smiles back at her.

When Len arrived he sat down next to Rin and stared at Miku's disheveled face. He frowned and gave her a sympathetic look.

"Hi Len, I'm so glad you're here to see my beautiful girlfriend." Rin said to her brother.

Len stayed silent and continued staring at Miku with a look of disgust and a look of sympathy at the same time.

Miku waved at him and formed her distorted face into a smile.

Len looked disturbed but just stayed silent.

As Rin continued complimenting Miku, Len started feeling worse and worse until he cleared his throat and spoke finally.
"Uh Rin, I'm gonna go to the bathroom," he hesitated for a moment then continued, "Miku, come with me. I have something I want to tell you about."

Miku and Rin both looked confused.
"Just tell her right here!" Rin said to her brother.

"I can't... it's a surprise for you." Len replied. He was lying but it would be the only way for him to be able to talk to Miku alone without his sister ruining it.

Rin shrugged her shoulders and watched Len and Miku walk away for a moment.

Len pulled Miku into a corner where Rin couldn't see and then spoke.

"Miku, I'm so sorry."

She had a confused look on her face. "For what exactly...?"

"My sister, she is destroying your face. You need to stay away from her."

"But she says I'm beautiful! Shes not destroying anything! I'm the same as always." Miku defended her girlfriend.

"Ever since we were kids, Rin has had a strange obsession with a demon." Len looked around to see if her could continue talking, "When she compliments you it's actually directed towards the demon she loves. People who get in between that will get their faces or brains destroyed."

"...I don't understand. She isn't destroying my face." Miku replied while touching her ruined face.

Len looked at her and shook his head.
"Yeah she is, have you looked in a mirror recently?"

"Of course I have! I do every morning. I'm beautiful." Miku rolls her sunken in eyes, "also my brain isn't melting... I think I'd know if that was happening."

Len sighed. "Your brain is fine I assume. The brain will only melt if she apologizes to you excessively."

"You're making things up. You're just jealous you don't have me to yourself and your sister got me first!" Miku then walks away from Len and sits back down with Rin.

Len takes a minute to prepare himself to go back to the table.

When Len gets back to the table he avoids eye contact or even looking at Miku.

"So I have something to tell the both of you, and I'm sorry to spring this so out of the blue." Rin started, "Len and I are moving to a different town far from here."

"Again?! Already Rin?! I was just getting used to it here!" Due to Rins relationship with the demon she worships destroying people. They had to move to a different town before people got suspicious about what was happening with Miku's face. Len wasn't thrilled about having to move every few months.

"But... Rin!" Miku frowned, "why didn't you tell me sooner? Will you still come visit me?"

"Oh, yes for sure!" Rin says, lying through her teeth, "how could I just abandon such a pretty girl?"

Len is sitting with an angry expression, then he storms out of the restaurant.

"Ah Len?!" Rin yells to her enraged brother, "I'm gonna go get him, Miku. I'll be back!"

Miku smiled at her and Rin left the restaurant.

It had been twenty minutes and Rin hadn't come back. Miku held up hope though.

Hours went by and Rin still wasn't back in the restaurant. Miku decided to just go home.

After that day Miku never seen Rin again. She assumed there was a sudden emergency and they had to move immediately. She had kept hoping that Rin would visit her again but those chances were very slim. But Miku never forgot her words, ultimately she still believed she was the most beautiful girl the world had ever seen.

Word count: 996