Chapter 5: The Arrival

West Shore, United Kingdom of Albion

A tense silence descended over the battlefield broken only by the rhythmic hum of the Midnight Maelstrom's wave motion Engine. The colossal Jaeger, dwarfing even the largest destroyers with its blue and silver bulk, stood toe-to-toe with the enraged Kaiju. The creature roared, a deep guttural sound that vibrated through the metal hulls of the surrounding ships. A collective gasp echoed across the decks of the assembled warships. A colossal blue and silver figure appeared as if it materialized out of nowhere. It was the Midnight Maelstrom, the Earth Federation's Jaeger, a weapon so advanced it was practically mythical to the O.F.N. forces.

"Holy..." muttered Sergeant Ramirez, his voice barely a whisper over the din of alarms and churning water.

"What the heck is that?" Private Jones, a young recruit with wide eyes, gawked at the behemoth

Captain Jackson on the bridge of the Abraham Lincoln slammed a fist on the console. "What in the world is that thing?"

" Looks like some kind of giant robot. from a cheesy sci-fi movie." replied the communications officer, her voice strained. " I don't recall any O.F.N member States possessing such things. Let alone even build one."

"Except this one seems pretty damn real," Captain Jackson observed, his gaze fixed on the Jaeger.

Across the battlefield, the Kaiju, momentarily stunned, halted its rampage. Its glowing red eyes narrowed as it locked onto the imposing newcomer. The colossal creatures stood facing each other, a tense tableau amidst the churning water and smoldering cityscape. The silence stretched, broken only by the rhythmic clang of the Kaiju's tail scraping against the seabed.
Inside the Midnight Maelstrom, Ranger Lin Bao-Yu Straighten his body preparing for an exhausting fight, a bead of sweat trickling down his temple. His co-pilot, Ranger Wei Shen monitored the systems, her voice a steady stream of data readings.

"Primary weapons online. Kinetic punchers operational. Wave Motion Engine at 100% functionality. Neural Handshake is strong and steady," she reported.

"Good," Lin Bao-Yu acknowledged, his voice tight. This was his first deployment against a Category 4 Kaiju, and the sheer size of Alpha was unnerving. "Alright Wei Shen, let's show these... uh... these guys what the Federation is made of."

A nervous silence descended upon the bridge. On the decks below, the crew watched with bated breath as the two titans squared off.

The Kaiju roared, a sound that shook the very hull of the warships. It lunged forward, a monstrous blur of claws and teeth. The Midnight Maelstrom, surprisingly agile for its size, sidestepped the attack with a mechanical lurch. Its massive right arm, a mounted shock cannon activated and fires a volley of high-explosive rounds at the Kaiju's chest.

The impact of the shells was impressive, ripping gashes into the Kaiju's hide, but the creature seemed unfazed. It retaliated with a sweeping blow from its tail, aimed at the Jaeger's legs. The Midnight Maelstrom barely had time to react, its left leg taking the brunt of the attack. The force of the blow sent a tremor through the Jaeger, throwing Tanaka and Sato off balance.

"Systems report minor structural damage to the left leg," Wei Shen announced, her voice calm despite the chaos.

"Acknowledged," Lin Bao-Yu grunted, The Jaeger, momentarily hobbled, stumbled back, its massive feet churning the water. The Kaiju seized the opportunity, lunging forward and grappling with the Midnight Maelstrom in a brutal clinch.

"Damn it!" Lin Bao-Yu swore, the view from the cockpit obscured by the Kaiju's massive head. Alarms blared, warning of hull breach and power fluctuations.