Unanswered Questions

The bonfire didn't entertain anyone for too long. I was sweating through my dress not even seconds after it was lit. A bonfire in Arizona, in August? I'm not sure who came up with that idea.

Everyone separated into their own small groups throughout the field. I could already start to point out the different cliques that this school must have. The jocks, the preps, the jocks with the preppy girlfriends, the quiet kids, the partyers, and then there was us. I'm not sure what you would really classify our group as.

Jaxon seemed to be bouncing around to each group. He seems like the type of guy that gets along with everyone and kind of fits in anywhere. Reed stayed with, what I guess was, the football players. I could only wonder if maybe he plays with them. Anna was just dancing along to the music that was blasting through some random cars stereo. She was in her own little world and I think maybe a little tipsy. I just stayed by her side and people watched. One of my favorite hobbies.

Reed eventually made his way back over to us and handed me an unopened drink.

"I see that you have become empty handed." He smiled and I took the drink from his hand.

"Thank you." I said shyly.

"Do you want to go walk?" He asked me and I looked over at Anna.

"What about her?" I asked, not wanting to leave her on her own.

"Do you really think she would even notice? She seems to be entertaining herself." We laughed and I shrugged.

"Why not?" He smiled and started walking towards a trail in the woods.

I followed shortly behind him. Once again, a scene out of a horror movie.

Reed stopped at a small opening and I walked up to stand next to him. There was a small stream running in front of us, the sounds were peaceful. He took a seat on the edge of the bank and patted the open spot next to him. I smiled lightly and carefully sat down next to him.

"So, why did you want to come out here?" I asked, popping the top of my drink and taking a sip.

"I realized that I haven't really had a chance to talk to you alone. My sister is always stealing you away." He answered, crossing his leg over the other.

"What do you mean? We talked in class this morning." I said, sitting criss cross.

"Well yeah, but that doesn't really count. I don't know much about you and I would like to." He said, looking at me for a split second and then focusing back on the water.

"Well, what would you like to know?" I asked him, sipping my drink nervously.

"Why'd you move here? What are your favorite hobbies? Do you like any sports? You know, the basic stuff." He informed me.

"I don't think I am really ready to talk about why I moved. It's still a touchy subject." I explained to him and he nodded.

"That's okay. You can talk about it whenever you're ready. The other stuff though. Who is Claudia?" He laughed lightly and I smiled to myself.

"Well, my name is Claudia Montoya. My absolute favorite thing to do is write. It's like therapy for me. I do enjoy sports. At least, I used to. I played soccer for a while and then took up cheerleading before I moved. I'm not sure if I will ever get back into it though." I told him and he looked over at me.

"You should definitely join the cheer team this year. Symphony is on the team and maybe you could convince Anna to try out with you. I always try to get her into at least a club or something, but she always seems to have an excuse." He said with excitement and I just shook my head.