Chapter 27 What is happening

Katniss pov

I wake up not to see Peeta, and then I remember that he is at the bakery. I have been sleeping in a lot because I kept on vomiting in the morning, and Peeta thinks I sleep in because I am depressed, which I am, but I don't want him to worry about that and me vomiting all the time. I must have a stomach bug, and I don't want to be the reason why he doesn't go to work. I wake up to see Peeta and am shocked to see him in bed reading. He says hello, love, and smiles at me. I say hello and love, but then I feel that stirring aging and run to the bathroom. Peeta says, " Katniss, are you okay and be before I can say anything? I am throwing up in the bathroom, and he comes running into the bathroom. He holds my hair back and rubs my back, and when I finish, he looks at me, considers, and says Katniss, are you feeling alright he says I. However, you got off that two ago, he says. Then I say I have been showing up every day for two weeks, and he looks content. Then he says Katniss, you should have told me. Maybe you need to go to the doctor, but he says I don't need to. This is nothing, but then he says this is not nothing. Katniss, go lay down on the couch. He helped me get there then. I asked why you were here, and then he said, I wanted to spend the day with you, and I guess it's good I did, or I would know about you being sick. Peeta says, "Do you mind if I paint and I say, "No problem, be out here if you need me, " and then he goes to paint. Then I feel something in my smooch, but I don't need to throw up, and then I start to cry, and then I start to think of thawing up all the time. I will be so emotional. It can't be. I can't be pregnant, can I? Then I chose to tell Peeta that I was going for a walk, but I was going to take a pregnancy test.

He says beautiful, and if I feel sick, come back home. I say oh, okay. I start to walk into town so I can go see Johanna. I knock on the door. She opens the door and says hello, brainless. She says he called me in the quell, then I say can we talk she says come in, and we go to her living room. She said, what up I started crying, and then she looked worried. What's wrong, she says. Then I said well, you know that me and Peeta going to have children now that I am ready, and for two weeks, I have been throwing up.

I thought it was a stomach bug, but I felt something move today. I think I was pregnant, and then I started to cry. She hugged me and asked how I think if I were pregnant; she said I answered Happy. Still, I was so scared. Then she asked if she had taken a test. No, I said well, I have one she goes and gets it. The bathroom is over there; I can be there if you want or want to be alone. I told her thanks. Will you come with me and she said yes, so we went to the bathroom. I took a test on it and peed on it. Now we have to wait 3 minutes, she says, and she hugs me. She says whatever it says is going to be okay. Then, the three minutes were up, and it said positively. I start to smile and cry, and Joanna comes and hugs me and says, "You and Peeta are going to get thoughts she says, " Have you told Peeta you thought you were pregnant? No, well, now you too to him. I know, I said, and then she said I have something to tell you. She said I have a boyfriend named Pat, and she smiled. I say I am so happy, and we say goodbye. I walk home excited but scared, but I know Peeta will be a great father. When I get home, I see him on the couch looking worried.

Peeta pov

I woke up to see her still asleep. I was staying home, I thought, so I read a book waiting for her. When she woke up, I said hello, love. She said hello, and then she ran to the bathroom. I say, Katniss, are you alright? I hear a sound, then I go to her and hold her hair back, and when she is done, I say, Do you feel right? I thought you got off that two ago, I say. She said she had been throwing up for two weeks. Katniss, you should have told me. You may need to go to the Doctor. She said, I don't need to do anything she says, and I say Katniss, this is nothing. I helped her to the couch. I asked her if I could paint, and she said yes. Then she says she goes on a walk, and I tell her to come home if she feels sick. I have been painting for a while. Can she still not be home? I go sit in the living room, and something scary happens. She was gone for 40 minutes; what if she didn't? She could never do that.

End of chapter