-10- LETTERS

Dear Princess Aurora,

I feel like it has been a while since I received your last letter, but that is to be expected with everything going on. I hear that you are spending a lot of your time in meetings about the wedding. I hope things are going better?

So many people are in the castle now, it is hard to keep up with everything. I feel myself becoming more and more stressed.

It is all right that you can't talk about the Warrior Protects. It is understandable. There is no need to apologize. I was only curious to learn more about you. You did say your people train from six to thirteen years of age in basic combat, and from there you decided whether you become a full soldier or move on to another career field. That is interesting. Though, I assume all Warrior Protects become soldiers? Sorry, I shouldn't try to get answers from you. I just find it amazing that children are trained at such a young age.

I should stop, but my mind is running with questions. I do enjoy learning so much from you.

-The Secret Librarian

Dear Secret Librarian,

There is nothing wrong with being curious. Truthfully, I could tell you about the training of our people if you want to hear that. Just nothing about being Warrior Protects.

Yes, we are trained at a young age but truthfully kids hardly pay attention. Yes, there are those of us who excel but not every child comes out as some honed warrior. I still train to this day. You can never stop, or your abilities will dull. That is why I am so sore from training with my mother the other day. It was strenuous, but I felt better the next day. Less aggravated.

Before I came here, training was all I did. Training to protect is what I have always done. It is what I live for. It is what I want to do. This marriage will protect my kingdom and my brother's future, and I will protect Cade in return. I will always protect.

Sorry, I have been so ready to train again. The small taste of it got to me. All I can think about is my training now. I hate Tenssen training, though. I never want to do it again, but my body aches to keep going. To feel the weight of my swords in my hands once again. You have no idea what I am talking about so maybe I should just stop. I should get going. My mother is here. A lecture is to ensue.

-Princess Aurora