8. Fever

"Kuma, where are you? Kuma," a girl was running here and there shouting the name of her adorable dog who was missing.

"Kumayahhhhhh, I am telling you, if you don't come to me I'll not cuddle you anymore. I will be angry." She shouted as though her only friend could hear.

She was breathing heavily while running. Where can the dog go? He was always with her. After having a short nap at noon, her dog was not beside her and she was already missing his warmth.

"Jennie," she heard Kim Yoona's calling. She ran to her.

"Mom, have you seen my Kuma?" She asked innocently.

"Yes, baby. Come with me. I'll show you where he is."

She followed her. A little heart can't probably guess what was waiting for her.

"Ahhhhh," she screamed out hugging her mother's legs. She hid behind her.

She heard her mother's cruel laughing. Her body trembled in fear and aloneness. Her dog was dead. Her only friend, only comfort, only peace. She couldn't look at the swimming pool where the lifeless body, covered with blood was floating.

Her eyes were blurred with tears. But she didn't dare to let them down. Her mother sat in her position hugging her short body.

"My daughter, you never disappoint me. Don't let your tears fall. They are only weaknesses. Ok?" She said caressing her hair.

Jennie nodded.

"You know sometimes you don't listen to me and force me to take hard steps. If you wouldn't love your dog more than me he would not be killed like this. Silly girl, don't even love or give attention to any useless things without your mother, ok?"

Sadness grabbed her heart to the point she was numb and couldn't hear what her mother was saying.

Her mother grabbed her chin tightly and stared at her with devil's eyes, "Whoever you cherish more than me will face the same consequence. Even if it is a dog or a person."

Her cheeks were red in pain.

Yoona released her daughter's chin and caressed it, "Love your mother more like your mother loves you, ok? I'm leaving now. Don't forget to eat in time and don't bother the maid."

She left. Jennie was alone not only in person but also in everything.

She cried out loudly.

"Kuma,"

"Kuma,"

Chaeyoung was busy wiping her forehead with a wet towel. While crying Jennie fell unconscious and found no other way he took her to his house because he couldn't afford hospital fees.

Her condition was getting worse with a high fever. He heard her mumbling 'Kuma' in every minute.

"Kuma,"

"Kuma,"

"Kuma,"

He gave her the necessary medicine and kept wiping her face from time to time.

The next morning when Jennie woke up she found Chaeyoung asleep sitting on a chair leaning his head on the bed. Looking at him her lips bloomed with a smile.

"Adorable,"

His blonde hair was covering his face. She moved close to him and was about to touch his hair but her movement awoke him.

"You have woken up. Are you feeling ok?" Chaeyoung asked to check her forehead. "Sorry, I couldn't take you to the hospital. I don't have much money. Umm Miss Kim you don't have a high fever like yesterday. You can still go to the hospital."

He was nervous and worried. Jennie smiled assuring him she was ok.

"You must be hungry. You freshen up and I'll cook porridge for you," he gave her a clean towel. "And my bathroom is small so please adjust," he smiled awkwardly and opened the water tap for her. "It's hard to open, haha."

Inside the bathroom, Jennie checked everything thoroughly. "Compared to my bathroom this one is very small but can go with me. After all, he bathed here," she smirked and started washing her face.

"Huh, His face wash! Will it make my face smell the same as his? I must try it."

Then her eyes fell on his shampoo and body wash. Then the rest is history.

She came out with just a towel wrapping her naked body. She looked at herself in the mirror and looked for his hair dryer. She changed her mind looking at his small closet.

"I am looking hot in wet hair, ain't I?" She mumbled and smelt her arms. "Just like him and the way I like."

Chaeyoung's jaw dropped when he saw her come into the dining room wearing his shirt which reached up to her knee.

"I took a shower so," Jennie explained.

"No, it's ok. You are looking hot." He bit on his tongue. "No no I mean it's ok you can wear whatever you like here."

Jennie loves his nervous face and the way he looks at her. She went closer to him. "Chaeyoung I used your shampoo and body wash. I am just smelling like you. Smell," she brought her arms on his nose.

Chaeyoung became red. He wet his dry lips in nervousness. "Ye_yeah. But you smell better." He said.

"Huh really?" Jennie went closer to his neck to smell. His body trembled as her wet hair touched his chest. What was she doing? He didn't have a bath yet.

"Mi_Miss Kim the food is ready," he moved from his place. "Sit on the chair. I am coming with the food."

"Huh! Did he just run away? But I haven't done anything yet." Jennie smirked. "Sensitive chipmunk."

While eating food Chaeyoung kept filling her bowl.

"Miss Kim vegetables are good for your health. You should eat more." He said.

Jennie was overwhelmed by his behavior. Normally she eats alone. Sometimes she eats with her mother, Kai, or cousin. But nobody gave her any attention like he was giving. Nobody took care of her when she felt ill. She'd sleep alone inside a blanket.

Suddenly an urge rose inside her. She wants to be taken care of by him and he can only take care of her. Only her.

"Umm Have you ever brought someone into your home and taken care of them like this before?" She asked.

"Hm." Chaeyoung looked at her not understanding what she meant.

"Just answer."

Suddenly she was angry. Chaeyoung couldn't understand this woman. She is all smiley and suddenly gets angry.

Jennie left the chopsticks on the table and was about to get up. He caught her hand.

"Seat." He said.

"Now do you start ordering me?" Jennie shouted.

"I am not ordering you." He was afraid. "I am just telling don't leave the food. To stay healthy you need to eat." He said in a soft tone.

"Answer me first."

He sighed. "Let alone taking care of anyone I took nobody at my home."

Jennie smiled and sat back to eat. "Good. You shouldn't take anybody else here."

'Crazy woman,' Chaeyoung mumbled under his breath.