15. Love? Fandango

The morning was the best Jennie had ever experienced. Her mood, mind, and body were refreshed and very cheerful. She was happier when she found Kai had already left her apartment. But if she knew he wasn't here she'd lay a few minutes more in the younger's arm. She blushed from nowhere and slapped her own cheeks.

For a specific reason she wanted to ignore the younger and the result would be just as sweet as she planned.

Her brightness was at the next level today until she heard her mother, uncle, and Kai were waiting for her in the cabin. She looked at the assistant with disdain. It was very early to be humiliated.

Kai..

That bustard occurred. She knew well what was coming. She sighed heavily. Her heart was skipping from time to time and couldn't overcome the horror she was petting for her mother.

"Mom" she bowed ninety degrees. Looking at her face she was more timid but for the younger. Did she come to know about him?

She didn't even up her head and was on the floor pushed by her dear mother.

"Rascal."

"Yoona, what the hell?" Her uncle approached her, helping her to stand up and she hated it even more. His right was snatched away by them and still, he shows care for her. It only reminds her how bad and lethal she is! She hates his sympathy.

"Did I tell you that you can help her?" Kim Yoona's cruelty came out.

"Yoona, what is the problem? Can't you talk to her normally like a mother does?"

"Oh!!" She laughed. "Yoon, you weren't there when I faced the difficulties of taking her in my womb. And see, how is she paying to me back?" She chewed her teeth like she always does. "My love left me for her and I'll never forgive her for this."

And the topic started Jennie hated the most. For once she wanted to shout out her heart. Her father never left for her but definitely for her mother cause she was never a homely woman and no man would like her with her attitude.

Why is her life like that? Doesn't she deserve a peaceful life? Why do people like them have to exist in her life or why does she have to exist in their family?

Again she was expecting another violence from her mother blaming everything but Kai stood in front of her.

"Aunty, please don't hurt her anymore." What a sweet fiance! She was ridiculed in her mind.

"See, he is still defending her and she has the manpower to ignore him. Kim Jennie, why are you silent?"

Jennie still didn't open her mouth to talk. Today she wants to see how far her mother can go. She'll not listen to her or speak a word. Better to die in her hand than to live under her shadow if she wants to kill, but the question is can she?

"Yoon, ask her where she was the whole night?" He was tired.

That's it. Kim Yoona can only shout and hit but cannot kill her. It only increases her morale.

"Yoona, can you calm down for a bit?" Her uncle said. "Jennie answer your mother and water her fire."

Jennie was standing cool and rolled her eyes without knowing what her action provoked. One slap, two slaps then slap after slap until her lips started bleeding. She tranquilized herself, it was not the first time her mother hit her to bleed.

"Aunty" Kai stopped her hand and hugged Jennie. "The fault was mine. Maybe she wasn't comfortable with me being under one roof. I understand. I'll give her more time. Please don't hurt her like this."

The cat just wanted to laugh. What a great actor he was!

"Why was she uncomfortable? Aren't you two dating for years? Now, I know what I should do. I'll announce the engagement publicly."

Jennie's eyes woke up. This can't be. She has huge plans in front of her with her Chaeyoung. Wouldn't he instantly back up after knowing her engagement?

"No. I'm not ready yet." Finally, she spoke.

"Nobody is asking you here," Yoona replied boldly.

"Yoona, give her some more time."

"Shut up Yoon. You are my brother, not my guardian I'll listen to you, and don't forget you are living under my shadow. So never dare to advise me, ok?"

Such a brutal woman! Can't she just die?

"And her life is mine to lead." She mentioned her right over her daughter as though she was inhaling oxygen from her lungs.

Jennie became restless and blamed herself for trying to be hard. She kneeled in front of her mother, she knew that only by showing off how weak she was, her mother would give mercy.

She saw how her mother smirked getting her on her knees.

"Mom, I'm begging for forgiveness please give me some more time. I was inside my car the whole night." She lied and they'd never be able to know the truth.

"Come back to your genre, huh?"

She wiped the blood stain that was reaching her jaw.

"Kai and Yoon, you two go outside, I need to discuss something with my dear daughter. Don't worry I'll not hit her anymore."

Yoona dragged a chair near Jennie who was kneeling on the floor. She grabbed her face and smirked.

"I must say you gain courage."

"Ahh"

Jennie moaned in pain as her mother pressed her one finger on her wound.

"You have a pretty face so never dare to provoke me to ruin it, ok? You know I love you, don't I?"

Love? Fandango.

"Be prepared. Soon your engagement will be announced. Kai is a nice guy and his father has influence and power over foreigners as well, what I want. If you can't give me that your life is useless."

What a mother! She is richly blind to interpretation.

"Your father said he could kill me and nobody would know 'cause he had money and he snatched my everything from me and here I am giving you everything on your plate you just need to eat. I am not that much cruel, am I?"

Jennie doesn't understand anything about her father's attitude. All she knows is he used to love and cage her mother. Her life is simply an example of hell.

"You'll directly go to the hospital and treat your wound."

Her mother left.

"Jennie, come with me I'll take you to the hospital." Her uncle asked sincerely and she didn't deserve that. It only made her feel insecure.

"Is my dad alive?"

For the first time, she asked someone about her father. She doesn't know if she should hate him or love him. How was his life? Would her life be like this if he had taken her with him?

Yoon nodded.

"Does he know I am his daughter?"

"He does."

"Then why the hell didn't he come in front of me yet?" She shouted in frustration.  Let alone her mother, her father doesn't care about her as well.

Yoon has no answer to her question. He hadn't seen that man after that cruel incident.

"But he used to love you a lot."

Jennie laughed. Love? "Fandango."