Chapter 1-To the Moon and Back

"The important thing is to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing" ~Albert Einstein

It was days like this that Jack always felt the happiest. He felt the wind blowing through his silver hair and flowing through his blue hoodie. Flying, for him, was exhilarating. He stopped and hovered.

“The sky is begging for snow,” he said out loud and smirked.

He could feel it. The world was practically pleading for Jack’s aid. And Jack wasn’t a stubborn kind. Well, that’s not entirely true, but in the case of weather, he was always a good sport. He flew over the kingdom of Corona, stopped for a second, and hovered.

“It really is a beautiful kingdom,” he thought as he waved his staff.

Trickles of flakes flew from it and starting blanketing the kingdom. Jack smiled and glided over the town. He saw the faces of smiling children and felt a sudden wave of sadness overcame him

“Surely, someday,” he thought “they’d believe in me.”

Then, as quickly as the feeling came, it passed. He shook it off. Not all children may believe in him now, but it was time for him to visit the one who did.

On his route to Jamie’s house, Jack sent a cascade of flurries down to the towns below. He closed his eyes and let the wind guide him. He soared through the sapphire sky.

“Maybe,” he pondered “I could take a detour.” He was sure Jamie wouldn’t mind.

Jack sailed through the sky. Then, in the far off distance he saw something unfamiliar. He squinted and tilted his head to the side. The snow he had created had obstructed his view of the unknown object. Suddenly, his curiosity took over.

“Take me over there,” he called to the wind.

A gust pushed Jack forward. He relaxed, allowing it to carry him. In little to no time, Jack was traveling riverside, where he could see the object clearer. He skimmed his hand over the water, causing in to develop a slight layer of ice. As he got closer, he realized that it was a tower, and a stunning one at that. It was tall enough to reach the stars and an ivory color that was entwined with thick ivy. The breeze brought him down a waterfall, putting the tower in his direct view. He slowly settled to the ground and stared at the building in awe. His cerulean eyes scanned it over, expressing wonder and mostly inquisitiveness.

Following his trouble-making nature, Jack knew what he wanted to do. Go inside. Yes, he had to do it. He yearned to see the innards of this marvelous castle. But, how could he?

Then, Jack got an idea. He shot himself to the roof of the tower. He sat himself right above the window and with the utmost precision, used his staff to create spats of white flurries. The snow danced around like small crystals. It must have been the most beautiful snow Jack had ever created.

“Soon,” he whispered.

In a matter of seconds, Jack heard the creaks of a window opening. He looked down and saw the top of a golden-haired head. Slowly Jack lowered himself off the roof and hovered next to the window, positioning himself in a way to ensure that he couldn’t be seen.

Jack titled his head slightly to see the person at the window. It was a young girl who couldn’t be older than five. She was wearing a lilac nightgown that complimented her creamy skin, emerald eyes, and light freckles that dotted her nose. But, that wasn’t what Jack saw. The first thing that caught his eye was her long strands of golden hair. Well, long was an understatement. Feet and feet of hair trailed from the girl’s scalp and draped the floor. Her eyes expressed sheer amazement for the snow the Jack had created. He wondered what she looked like up close. And maybe, just maybe if she could see him…