Chapter 6: The Wait

New album cover! Made by yours truly😉 Do you like it?-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After the entrance exam, M/N found himself in the nurse's office, nestled on the floor beside the bed. The reason? Well, his friend, Midoriya, had already claimed the bed for his slumber.

Just as M/N began to drift into a peaceful sleep, his tranquility shattered by the sudden scream of the broccoli-haired boy occupying the bed.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!"

The piercing sound startled both boys, causing them to jolt awake and tumble to the ground in a tangled heap. It was as if a mountain lion had roared right next to them, leaving them disoriented and bewildered in the aftermath.

As they untangled themselves and scrambled to their feet, M/N rubbed his eyes, still groggy from sleep. "What was that? Are we under attack?" he asked, scanning the room for any signs of danger.

Midoriya, his heart still racing from the sudden fright, shook his head. "I... I think it was just a nightmare," he stammered, his voice trembling with residual fear.

Relieved that there was no imminent danger, M/N let out a sigh. "Well, it certainly woke us up," he remarked, trying to lighten the mood with a nervous chuckle.

Midoriya managed a weak smile, his breathing gradually returning to normal. "Sorry about that," he apologized, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Don't worry about it," M/N reassured him, offering a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Nightmares can't be stopped and are unpredictable, right?"

"Y-yeah" Midoriya said in response

As they gathered themselves and settled back into a more comfortable position, M/N glanced at the clock on the wall. "Looks like noon already " he observed, noting the faint light filtering in through the windows.

Midoriya nodded, rubbing his eyes to clear away the last remnants of sleep. "Yeah, we still have some time before we need to head back," he replied, a hint of relief in his voice.

Feeling a surge of determination, M/N pushed himself up from the floor. "Well then, let's make the most of it," he declared, offering Midoriya a hand up.

With a grateful smile, Midoriya accepted the help and pulled himself to his feet. "Thanks, N/N," he said, his gratitude evident in his eyes.

Together, they straightened up the room, tidying the bed and arranging the pillows before making their way to the door. As they stepped out into the hallway, they began to look for the exit.

-_-_--_-_-_---_-_-_-_--_-_-_--_-_-_-_--_-_-_--_-

As M/N and Midoriya stepped outside of the school campus, M/N couldn't shake off the nagging question that had been bothering him ever since the earlier incident.