Chapter 16: The Virgin

Chloe's eyes locked onto Damian with an intense curiosity, narrowing as she leaned in close. Her fingers trailed gently down Damian's arm, coaxing him to unveil his soul to her.

"You're a paradox. You're quiet and shy, yet your presence commands attention when you enter a room—it's like watching an enigma unfold. But something's shadowing you. A dark, forceful side. Tell me," Chloe paused, her voice dropping to a whisper, "how did you come to be this way? Who are you, beneath it all?"

He drew in a deep breath. "You want to know everything?"

"Yes," she responded, her heart pounding with the weight of the moment. "Everything."

Damian rose from the bed, a warm smile playing on his lips, and extended his hand. "We'll shower first, and I'll tell you later. Come."

She placed her hand in his, following him to the luxurious shower. The space was refreshing, with smooth stone walls and lush greenery hanging overhead, reminiscent of the Amazon rainforest.

Warm water cascaded over the lovers like tropical rain. Chloe closed her eyes, inhaling the soap-scented air as Damian washed her hair and then her body, his touch tender and loving.

He drew her into a tight embrace, his lips pressing against her forehead after washing the soapy lather from her skin with warm water. He wrapped her in the comfort of a plush towel, then removed it when she was dry.

"You'll need a bit of this," he said, opening a salve to soothe the raw marks on her buttocks. Her skin remained unbroken, but the healing properties of the salve would reduce the redness. "You belong to me, and I will always care for you."

***

They lay together on the bed, wrapped under the soft sheets, after Damian brushed Chloe's silky black hair. She radiated with happiness, snug in her lover's arms.

"Am I your first?" he asked.

Chloe swallowed hard. A tear traced its path down her cheek. "There was someone when I was seventeen. His name was Lucas. He was everything a high school hero could be—the star quarterback and the editor of our student news. But he got sick."

Damian reached for her hand, squeezing it tightly. "I'm so sorry."

Her voice cracked as she continued, "Leukemia took him from us that summer, right before I was supposed to leave for college."

"I can't imagine what you went through. It's devastating." Damian shook his head, his heart heavy with sympathy.

"I felt so guilty," she said, tears spilling. "I was preparing for a new start while he faded away. He made me promise to go to college and to live fully. I watched him deteriorate until his very last breath."

Damian squeezed Chloe's hand. "Shh, baby girl, it's okay to cry," he whispered as she sobbed into his chest.

"Lucas was my first. I never thought I'd find happiness again—until I met you."

"What made me different?"

"You're grounded despite your wealth. You're kind, yet there's this beautiful vulnerability mixed with an unbreakable strength in you. It's like nothing can ever shake you."

Chloe sighed, leaning into Damian's embrace. "Lucas told me to find someone who would love me as much as he did. It was hard, but now I understand he was right."

Damian held her close. "You're a brave woman. And resilient. You've turned your pain into compassion, and you're not afraid to love again. That's real courage."

"Thank you. But now, tell me about you," Chloe pressed.

***

Damian's smile dimmed as he pondered Chloe's question. The flickering candlelight played across his face, deepening his thoughtful eyes.