Chapter 36

Dear readers, I am happy to share - The Untouchable again took the 1st place in TOP 10 US. Please vote and leave a comment, as this is what made it possible. Thank you very much for reading and supporting me! Love you all!

I am writing a sequel to the book now and am considering serializing The Untouchable, follow my profile, so that you get notified when I post. 

******************************************

Once in the office, Daniel made a conscious effort to relax his facial muscles, which had tensed from the strain. He greeted the attractive blonde, whose name had slipped his memory, and purposefully walked towards the staircase.

"The mansion may appear modest, but it can accommodate up to two hundred people," Alexander explained. "Of course, I don't need that many; an open space isn't the ideal setting. Regardless, there's ample room. You'll share an office with the marketing and PR director, who is also new. I've recently introduced a marketing function; it wasn't necessary in the past when I relied on marketing teams in my father's companies. The role is standard: enhancing brand visibility and mitigating negative public perceptions."

"Wait a moment," Daniel interrupted, halting like an obstacle on the stairs and looking up at Alexander. "You mentioned I'd be consulting marketers at other firms. Did you hire a marketing director just to justify my position in the company? A venture capital fund typically doesn't require marketing. An agency can handle website creation and maintenance."

"Yes," Alexander replied without hesitation. "Someone needs to train you, introduce you to the basics of a new field."

"Is she aware of this?" Daniel asked, maintaining a neutral expression despite his growing irritation.

"She was promoted from marketing manager to director, a notable addition to her resume. She should be content with the arrangement," Alexander responded, his tone darkening with each word. "If she isn't, I can always hire someone else."

"That's an interesting approach," Daniel commented, slowly resuming his ascent. "You don't consider her aspirations, do you?"

"I don't," Alexander admitted tersely, blocking Daniel's path. "I'm concerned about you. I want you to feel comfortable; otherwise, you'd be too overwhelmed to know where to begin."

"I could manage on my own; I'm not incompetent," Daniel insisted, attempting to free himself from Alexander's embrace, but Alexander held firm.

"No one doubts your intellectual capabilities, Danny, but your emotional stability is questionable. Don't concern yourself with her; once you've settled in and can work independently, I'll transfer her to one of my father's companies for a significant project in the same role. Does that put your mind at ease?"

"Yes," Daniel responded, forcing himself to return the kiss but keeping Alexander's presumptuous tongue at bay. "Remember, we're in the office, Sasha. Anyone could walk in. Please refrain from drawing attention to our relationship."