3

It was a hot day. Everyone was working, helping around camp. They all knew that these hot days won't last much longer and Vince said they better be prepared. Vince assigned Thomas to help Minho finish covering the sleeping hut with something to keep them warm. They were on break now, talking about the last few months.

      He got a weird feeling which Minho caught on. "Are you alright?"

     "Yeah." The boy shook his head. "Nothing to worry about."

      He saw Brenda coming towards them, blood on her shirt. She was helping Monique around these days. "Hi." She said, a forced smile on her face. "Do you think we can go on a walk?" She asked, looking Thomas deep in the eyes.

      Thomas turned to Minho to ask for approval. "Go. We're almost ready and I think you need a break bigger than mine."

      He nodded thankfully as he and his friend headed for the shore. "Lauren is getting better." She said, worry in her voice. "But things could go bad quickly."

     "I didn't know you like medicine." Thomas pointed out.

     "I guess you can say that." Brenda gave him a weak smile. "It's the only thing I can actually do around here." She took a pause, concentration on her face. "Maybe it helps, to know I could actually save someone's life."

     Thomas felt his heart drop deeper than the ocean. He knew what she meant. I can actually save someone now. He then realized he didn't read the letter last night, which made the feeling worse.

     "Thomas, I'm sorry!" She apologized, her face full of guilt. "I didn't mean it like that."

      "It's fine, I just miss him so much." Thomas said, his eyes watery. He reached for the necklace.

      "I know." Brenda said, as she patted his back. "I miss him too."

      Suddenly, there was movement towards the shore, people carrying guns. Thomas looked to see what it was all about and he saw a boat with someone in it. "Let's go." He said, wiping his eyes.

      As they got to the big crowd, the sun's light was hitting the boat so no one could see who was inside. He tried to squint his eyes but it was to no use.

     Then the boat hit the shore and he heard guns loading (idk if I used the right term). Then realization hit him. The sun was making the golden haired boy look stunning. "Newt...?" He whispered, as if it was just something the two of them should know.

     "Newt?" Minho said from next to him, when he came next to him. "There's no way." His voice was trembling and Thomas could feel he was about to cry.

     "It's good to see you, too." Newt said in that perfect British accent of his.

      And when Thomas heared his voice again, he felt like the world was shaking, like the sky was falling and all he could do is to lean on Brenda's shoulder for support. "Is it really you?" Was all that Thomas could say.

      "Yes, Tommy. It is." He said, a wide smile on his face.

      Finally he came out of his shock and went to hug his friend. He heared him whimper as Thomas shoved him in the hug but he was too happy to see him again. "I missed you so much." The boy whispered.

      "Thomas, you have to let me go." The golden boy said, his voice weak.

      For a awfully long second Thomas thought he was dreaming until he saw Newt holding on to his heart. He panicked. "Did I hurt you?"

     "No, no you didn't." He said shaking his head. "Just...the surgery is still fresh."

     "I would love to know how you got here." Vince's voice was heared from behind Thomas. "And how you are still alive."

     Newt looked worried. "I'll be more than happy to tell you the story."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

      "So, you simply woke up on an operating table?" Vince said uneasy. "Who saved you?"

      "That I don't know." Newt said. "As soon as I opened my eyes I fell back to sleep. I guess they sedated me or the pain was too much."

     "But how come you got here?" Vince asked. "Someone must've told you."

      The British boy sighed. "There was a woman. I could tell she was old, but she wore a mask. She just made me jump in the boat and told me I could trust her ți get back to you."

      "And you trusted her?" Thomas said, surprised.

      "I didn't really had another chance." Newt answered. "It's been 3 days since I left. But it's good to see you again." He gave them all a big smile and took Thomas's hand.

      Thomas smiled back at him, feeling his heart do some weird jumps. But all that matters now is that Newt was back.

      "Newt." Monique interrupted. "I would like to look at your wound."

     The golden haired boy nodded and got up to his feet. "Wait, I'll come with you."

     "There's no need." Newt tried to stop his friend.

      "I insist."

      And so they were following Monique to the medicine hut.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

this one was shorter than the others but at least Newt is back :)
next chapther I think will come on Saturday and it'll be from newts pov
-geo