A Phone Number and A Bomb

" I definitely need a car of my own!" Kath mumbled as she slammed the cab's door and ran off to where she saw the explosion from earlier. " From all people, a Port Mafia's member! One can't get any more misfortune!"

She rounded a corner and came to the sight of the explosion. Before her own eyes, a car was being eaten by lames while people in black tuxedos were running the other way. She presumed them to be the Port Mafia members. Kunikida-sensei... Atsushi-kun... She couldn't shake away her worries for both of them, especially the younger one seeing as how he was yet a target for them.

As she ran to the building before which the burning car stood, Kath's eyes widened at the sight before her. Kunikida and a young man in a black coat were facing each other with a puddle of water between them. She could see a Taser gun in the middle of it. One of Kunikida-sensei's strategies I guess... but...

She looked up at the other man, still neither of them noticed her yet. She wasn't going to let them fight. And she wasn't letting him hurt her teacher out of all people.

With her fingernails glowing bright white, silver threads manifested from thin air and wrung themselves around the man in the black coat. " This ability..." He looked back, allowing her to glimpse his grey eyes clearly. As cold and sharp as they always were, bearing nothing but a ruthless burning desire." You were there..."

" Hanazawa!"

Kath somehow managed a small smile. " Been a while right, Ryuu? Couldn't you pretend to be a little happy to see me again?"

" I see your tendency to stick your nose where it doesn't belong is still there. Maybe it ought to be shortened for you to learn a lesson!" Blades of cloth shot out from the back of his coat, darting at her.

" Woah! Not the welcoming I really wanted!" She cried, flinging her free hand, the blades then stopped midair as they were caught in her strings while Kath smirked proudly. " You're not the only one who has been working out his ability."

The man clicked his tongue. He knew better than anyone that there was no getting off those threads easily. Plus, the fight just turned out to be two-on-one.

" I have no intention of fighting you..." The girl stated calmly, her eyes fixated on his. Just at that moment, the sounds of far-away sirens permeated the area.

" Interference." Akutagawa looked back at her, realizing Kath should have been the one who had called the police out there.

Kath merely held his gaze for a few seconds before undoing her threads. She knew he wouldn't risk staying around now that the police got involved, and she was right, for he decided to pull away, promising to continue their fight some other day. Kunikida didn't seem to like the idea at all.

" I owe you one," the man said as he wiped away the blood trickling from the small wound on his face. " Still, how came-"

" That I'm here? Simple, I dug up some intel and found out that one of the victims is a member of Port Mafia."

" Should have done that long before. It's my mistake for moving out immediately. Thanks again for saving me, Hanazawa."

" Don't mention it, Kunikida-sensei." Kath smiled at him. " More importantly, where are Atsushi-kun and Dazai-san?"

" They should have gone after the cab driver."

" Then you go after them. There are a few rats that I need to take care of."

" Be careful then." Watching her teacher running away, Kath spun around and walked over into a small space between two storage houses. Just as she entered, someone moved at the other end, but unfortunately, they fell immediately to her ability. Their shotgun was knocked off their hand and they were tied up and tangled in those wires of hers.