This Was War

The Armed Detective Agency, an organization of gifted individuals that takes jobs in the grey that even government agents wouldn't want to throw their hands at. They're quite skilled when it comes to solving mysteries ranging from lost pets to homicide cases, fighting evil-doers, and, Kath discovered recently, getting themselves injured.

When she and Dazai arrived at the scene, it seemed as though a butchery had just happened there.

It was. For the only living people they were able to recover were their members and another lady in a pink Kimono who, according to Dazai, was a Port Mafia executive. The rest of the Mafia agents lost their lives on the spot.

As Kath secured the Mafia leader in her threads, she couldn't help but worry about their enemy. The last time, they managed to erase a whole building from existence, just like that. And now, they took 3 of their members and a Mafia executive down quite easily.

Kath swallowed hard at what else the Guild was able to do. " You were right Mike, those guys are the worst enemies one could make for themselves. And to think we have to deal with them..."

As she was mumbling to herself over her cup of coffee back in the office, Yosano opened the door of the infirmary and helped out a rather shining and sparkling Kunikida, almost as though he was a newly unsealed item. " Kath, help me out here."

Kath gladly allowed her teacher to lean on her shoulder and marched him to his desk where he sat down, smiling broadly with a blank look. Kath was torn between laughing and pitying him for what he had to endure at the hands of their physician.

Looking back at the desk behind her, Kenji was soundly asleep, having been polished too by Yosano.

" Well, that leaves Atsushi," the woman stated, although Kath could swear there was a hint of excitement laced in her voice. " The kid is still unconscious and his wounds are untreated. If I hurry up I might be able to take him apart before the tiger heals him." She walked back into the infirmary, a spring in her steps. One could easily tell she was waiting for such an opportunity.

" You have my condolences, Atsushi-kun." Kath sweatdropped.

✦ -─────────- ✦

The trauma of the treatment wore off quickly and everyone was up and about, doing what they could do for two reasons. One, there was still a member missing out there, since no sign of Kyouka could be found. And second, they were moving their base.

She had deduced that much would be needed in order to keep all of them safe. While they have splendid and strong members, they were still 6 gifted, one super smart detective, and a bunch of normal clerks who excelled in paperwork.

They were outnumbered.

Hiding was their best choice, even Kunikida and the President were discussing that very fact when Kath pinched her nose, her eyes stinging from how long she had stayed on her laptop.

Leaning back, she was met with the empty desk they had evacuated for Kyouka and her heart sank, wondering how the girl was faring, if she was safe and well, or if she was injured and afraid somewhere away from them. She would have gone out to search for her immediately, wasn't it for the president and Kunikida stopping her.

Going outside on your own is the same as asking the enemy to come and kill you.

This was war.

And that's why the president chose to go on his own, so he would make himself the only target right now and allow us to move to safety. With a sigh, she looked up at Kunikida again just as he was holding the phone away from his ear, a puzzled look on his face.