Chapter 5

Wednesday 18th of October 2023

"You have to let me have some alone time with him!" Juliette whisper-yelled.

She had been cornering me for five minutes now, continuously telling me to leave her alone with Sloan, and my only question was, "why would I do that?"

She looked taken aback, like the last three times I had told her the same sentence.

"Don't you understand? I have to date Sloan."

I was about to answer when someone slammed into me from the back, making me catch myself on the wall next to Juliette.

"Trying to get some pussy, loser?" Ugo mocked as he passed me by.

"Ew!" Juliette answered me, pushing me away from her, "Disgusting!"

Ugo laughed out loud and went away to catch up with his group of jocks. Were they still in high school or something?

"Do you think everyone is interested in you or something? Because I'm not, and I'm sure Sloan isn't either."

It's my hand he held on the way to the bookstore, bitch.

"Don't you dare say anything, you ridiculous creature," she said with a menacing tone. "Sloan will be mine and you can't say anything about it."

"We'll see. I'm sure he has a better target in mind."

"What?" she asked with a frown, "did he tell you anything?"

"Why would he?" Martha interjected with a frown.

"Because they're friends, dummy," Juliette sighed.

"We're not friends."

"Then why would he tell you who he likes?"

"He didn't!"

There was a silence, and I just took a step back and sighed. How annoying could they be?

"I won't ease your life because you asked me to. Sloan isn't yours."

"Do you like him or something?" Juliette asked with a disgusted face.

What if I do, I wanted to answer. But I didn't.

"Of course I don't."

I couldn't just tell them in the middle of the corridor that I had such a deep and unresolved crush on Sloan that it hurted when he released my hand yesterday, or that it was painful to look him in the eyes for too long. I just couldn't tell anyone. If I did it might end up getting to Ian and Ugo's ears and they would destroy me.

"Then why do you stick to him so much? It's disgusting!"

I raised an eyebrow at her and she looked at me as if I was judging her. Well I suppose I was, but the issue wasn't there. "What would it change if I did like him?"

"Like who?"

I flinched and turned to my brother. Damn it. I was dead.