Chapter 17

-JJ's POV-

"Mam excuse me mam?" I woke up to a nurse shaking me. I lean up from Spencer's chest. 

"Yes?" I ask, tired.

"Um well its been 4 days." She says with a worried look.

"Are my friends here?" I ask, scared now.

"Yes, you want me to get them?" She asks. I nod my head. She walks out and in a few seconds Morgan is in the room hugging me. 

"Hes gonna be okay." He whispers to me. I nod my head.

"Ready?" The nurse asks. Nobody responses. Penelope walks up and hugs me like Morgan is.

"3, 2, 1" Then she pulls the switch. 

*Beep, beep, beeeee* Is all that goes through the room. I look up from Penelope's and Morgan's arms. The whole team looks at me. I stand in shock with just a sad face. I fall to the ground and start crying. Emily runs over to help comfort me. 

"JJ we can get through this." She says. 

"NO WE WONT!" I yell, mad that this happened to Spence.

"He was all I had." I whisper. That makes everyone gets a sad face. 

"JJ you have us." Penelope says.

"B-but Spence, my baby. Wont have a father." I say. Penelope goes wide eyed.She hugs me in the tightest hug. Everyone starts crying, even Hotch. I stand up and walk over to Spencer's lifeless body. I grab his hand.

"I love you." I whisper. Then I feel something weakly squeeze my hand.

"Oh my god." I say.

"What." Morgan says worried.

"Spence, he's holding my hand." I say, shocked and relieved. 

"What?!" Morgan says, walking over to me. He sees Spencer holding my hand weakly. He smiles and looks at the team making Penelope run over. 

*Beep beep beep beep* We hear the monitor come back on.

"He's alive. He's breathing on his own." I say, listening to Spencer's soft breathing. Hotch walks back in with the nurse. She walks over and checks his heart.

"Well ill be surprised. Your agent is sure a fighter. He should be awake in a days, or hours even." She says while smiling.

I smile and jump up and down squealing. 

"Hes okay!" I say smiling. Making Penelope giggle. 

*6 Hours later*

Im sitting in Spencer's room alone. Holding his hand. The team went to the hospital cafeteria to get food. I feel another squeeze on my hand. I look over at Spencer and see his eyes slowly opening. 

"Oh my god Spence." I say cupping his face. He opens his eyes more and looks around the room. He sees me and smiles. I start tearing up. He looks at my hand.

"JJ?" He asks tiredly. 

"Yes Spence." I say relieved and excitedly.

"Will you marry me?" He asks, taking the ring off my finger. I smile and start crying.

"Yes." I say, he slides the ring back on my finger. I kiss him, like I haven't seen him in months.

We hear cheering and I turn around. Its the team.

"Congrats!" They yell running over to me and Spencer.

"I'll love you forever." Spencer says smiling, and it hits me. He could hear me. I smile and kiss him again.