Chapter 23

-Spencer's POV-
"We can't just give her away." I say.
"Spence I'm sorry." JJ says.
"But." I say.
"ITS WHAT IS BEST FOR KAELYN !" JJ yells. I whimper and look down and start crying again.
"Spence I'm so sor-" JJ starts.
"No it fine just." I say and walk out of the room. I decide that I just need a break from the chaos and everything. I go to Garcia's. On the way up the stairs I check my watch, 1:23 am. I hope she doesn't mind. I knock on her door.
"Who would be up at 1:23 am." I hear her mutter. She opens the door.
"Spencer?" She says confused.
"Hi." I say awkwardly and wave.
"Why are you here a- are those tear marks?" She asks.
"Umm." I say and wipe my face.
"Oh my god Spencer what happened!" She says and pulls me into the apartment.
"Sit.'' She says, pointing to a couch. I sit down on her couch and she walks over with two cups of coffee.
"Umm I don't really think I need coffee." I say.
"Spencer I can tell your tired, drink it." She declares. I nod my head and take the cup.
"So what happened between you and JJ?" She asks.
"Well umm she wants to give..Kaelyn away." I say whispering the last part.
"She wants to give what away?" She says.
"Kaelyn." I whisper.
"Spencer Reid I know you are socially awkward but you shouldn't be awkward around me. What does she want to give away?" Penelope says.
"Kaelyn." I blurt out. Penelope looks at me and then looks down. I see a tear go down her face.
"No don't cry!" I say and I hug her.
"But- why." She says.
"She thinks she isn't ready for another kid." I say.
"But why would she want to give Kaelyn away?" She asks, obviously hurt.
"I don't really kno-."
Knock knock. Penelope gets up and answers the door. I hear crying and I see blonde hair. JJ, I think. Out of no where I quickly jump behind Penelope's couch.
"W-what was that?" I hear JJ sniffle. This is all my fault, I think.
"I don't know?" Penelope says. She looks around and realizes I'm gone.
"What?" I hear Penelope whisper.
"Did you say something?" JJ asks, confused.
"No um what's wrong?" Penelope says, gently leading JJ in the apartment.
"Spencer ran out of t-the house. I'm so worried. I don't know w-where he is." JJ says and she starts crying again. Penelope quickly takes a quick look around and sees me.
"Get up here." She whispers. I shake my head. She gives me a serious face.
"Aw I'm sure he's okay JJ." Penelope says, while quickly looking over at me again.
"But I just want him. I need to talk to him." JJ says.
"Okay that's it." Penelope says standing up.
"Spencer get up here and man up." Penelope says.
"What wait what?" I whisper. JJ stands up.
"Spencer?" She whispers. She walks over to Penelope's side.
"Spencer?" She says again as she sees me hidden behind the couch.
"Umm surprise?" I say.
"He was here all along?" JJ says to Penelope. Penelope just nods her head.
"Seriously? I JUST WENT AROUND THE WHOLE TOWN LOOKING FOR YOU, SCARED THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED AND YOU CAME HERE. WITHOUT RESPONDING TO ANY OF MY MESSAGES!" She yells.
"Umm." I say.
"UMM? UMM THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF!" She yells again.
"I umm." I say.
"NO SAVE IT SPENCER! I DONT THINK IM THE PROBLEM. YOUR THE ONE NOT READY TO TAKE CARE OF KAELYN!" She yells. My face falls and I feel a tear go down my face. I curl up in a ball.
"Get out." Penelope says.
"What?" JJ asks.
"Get out." She says again.
"Why." JJ asks.
"YOU CANT JUST BARGE IN AND YELL AT SOMEONE FOR NO REASON! THEN YOU TELL THEM THAT THEY ARENT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH FOR THEIR KID! NEWS FLASH JJ, KAELYN'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE SAYS JENNIFER JAREAU AND SPENCER REID. YOU SAID YOU WERE THE ONE THAT WANTED TO GET RID OF KAELYN NOT SPENCER. SO IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BARGE INTO MY HOUSE AND TELL SPENCER HE ISNT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH FOR HIS OWN KID AND THAT HE IS THE PROBLEM THEN YOU BETTER GET OUT!" Penelope full out yells at JJ. JJ tears up and runs out. Penelope sits down and starts bawling.
"Thank you for standing up for me." I say.
"Well your the little dork of the team. You need someone to stand up for you." She says smiling a little.
"So what now?" I ask.
"I don't know." Penelope says.
"Should we call Morgan?" I ask. Penelope smiles at this.
"Nah he's probably asleep and he gets cranky if you wake him up." She says.
"So can I stay here tonight?" I ask.
"Sure." Penelope says and she pulls out a blanket for me.
"Goodnight little dorkling." Penelope says and she kisses my head.
"Penelope." I say before she gets into bed. She turns around.
"Yes?" She asks.
"Thank you." I say. She smiles and nods her head.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I might have just ruined two relationships.
JJ and Spencer's relationship and JJ and Penelope's friendship.
Sorry. But let's just admire how cute and caring Penelope is to our little dorkling.
Hehe.
Also thank you fanficsoftheworld for the torture. I really appreciate it, even though it's slowly killing me. 😂😁 and your book is AMAZING! 😍
Bye my little dorklings. 😘😂☺️