Flowers.

song, 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' - The Smiths

Melodys Pov 

This chapter goes out to my friend Val :)

After Vinn dropped me home, i entered my house it was freezing, i get into warm pjs and wrap a blanket around me and head to sleep.

the next morning i got up around 5am with a pounding headache from last night, i text some medicine and get dressed, i wore blue washed jeans, with a light pink flowy top, i brang a pink sweater as well incase i got cold, i put on my white shoes and left for work.

i stepped out of my car, the cold morning air brushing my skin creating goosebumps all along my arms, i get inside the coffee shop, i walk in and clean i bit and set up the pastries, at 6am i flipped the close sign to say open.

i then see him vinn he enters the shop at 6:30am, he walks up to the counter and i give him a big cheesy smile "Morning Vinn", i say to him, my chirpy voice making him roll his eyes "Morning Mel," Mel? who the flip is mel, "Mel?" i ask curiously did he forgot my name or something, "Melody, Mel?", ohhhh its a nick name i like that, "ok Vinny" i say with a cheeky grin spread across my face, "no" he just says.

i laugh a little "What do you mean "no"," I say using my hands as quotation marks, "no Vinny it's vin", he says, what a meanie, "rude" I say, he chuckles a bit,  "so I'm guessing because you're so different, you what a black coffee and a blueberry muffin?" I ask him sarcastically, he licks his lips and reaches into in pocket, chucks a $100 bill on the counter, "you know me to well", with that he walks off.

I make his coffee and hand him his, coffee and muffin "here you go" I say smiling at him, "does your mouth ever get sore?", I sent him a very confused look, "you smile to much" he finishes, I laugh a little awkwardly "uhh no, no my mouth does not get sore", he nods and I walk off , 5 minutes later he announces he had to go.

Around 1pm it was my beak we had a few customers, I flipped the sign to say 'close', I walk to the local flower shop, it was down the road from the caffe, he had a bunch of pretty flowers at the front, when I walk in I see a girl she was around my age, with curly hair, tan skin, skinny body, with big gold hoops, she was wearing jeans and a green tube top.

When she sees me she gives me a small smile "hello you looking for anything in particular", she asks, I give her a huge smile "nope" I say exaggerating the p. She walks over to me, "what's your name?" She asks her eyes filled with curiosity, "Melody Heart" I say, her eyes light up, "do you know someone called Vinn" now how the flip does this girl know him, omg are they doing the no no, "uhh yes why?", she sighs "he left you flowers, well he said he was going to drop them off to you tomorrow, but he also said if you came in here before that I can give them to you," she says, I give her a grin "what's your name", her eyes light up in happiness as a big smiles spreads across her face "Valentina", maybe she can be a friend?.

Valentina takes me to the back of the shop and hands me a bouquet of flowers they were beautiful, they had all different colours, "how old are you" she asks me, "oh me I'm 23" she gives me a small smile "I'm 24" she states, "do you wanna hang out sometime I can give you my number" she ask "really, I would love to" I give her my phone and types in her number, "perfect I'll text you later" she says I take the bouquet of flowers and head back to work.

When I get to work I realised that on the tag of the flowers there was a number.