Betrayal

song: watercolor eyes- lana del rey.

Melody's pov 

I finished work for the day and went to harpers house. I go up to her apartment door and knock, 5 seconds later she answers the door. "Hey Mel" she says stepping out the way to let me into her house, "Hey Harper" i said chirply. "Sooo, how did it go with Vinn's friend" i ask grinning as she walks me to her room, "ehhh ok i guess i don't think we will ever talk agin", my grin turns into a sad face, "oh im sorry", she shoots me a 'its fine' look and walks into her ensuite bathroom, and i sit down on her bed.

A second later she walks back into the room, "so how is it with you and mr. black coffee?" she asks, i give her a small smile, "good, he gave me flowers today", i tell her, her eyes light up in excitement, "really, do you have his number?" she asks me, she always does whenever i show interest in a guy she always asks for her number, "uhh no?" her face drops into a sadness look, she walks back into the bathroom to fix her make up, i'm pretty sure she's going out.

As i was sitting on her bed her phone lights up "Harper someone messaged you" i tell her and she pokes her head out from the bathroom, "what does it say?", i pick up her phone and unlock it. I go on to messages, and see the message was from someone named 'jamie'. "A girl named jamie" her face falls into panic, "wait don't read the messages" she yells, i just nod and switch off her phone, she looks relax, she closes the bathroom door, she's probably doing her business.

Curiosity got the best of me and i unlocked her phone to see why she did not want me seeing the messages with the jamie girl. i open the message and immediately new why, i scroll through the messages with jamie. 'i fucking hate Melody', 'Melody's a slut', 'no guy would ever like her', and the messages go on, i get up and walk over to her dressing table, i get one of her note books and pen and wrote 'never talk to me again' ripped out the page and left it on her dressing table. With that i walked out of her apartment.

When i get into my car, tears. a lot of them, i could barely breath, i drive a block away from her house, and park the car. I notice the bouquet of flowers  in my back seat, i pick them up and, open the note with vinns phone number, i type it into my phone and let it ring. I try to steady my breath pace so he does not know i was crying, after 3 rings he answers "hello?, who is this", why in the world did i call him, he does not want to talk to me, "hello?" Vinn talked again, "Vinn?" i ask hopping he gave me the right number "oh, Melody" his voice he hushed and soft.

 my noice sniffles, "are you busy?" my voice is shaky, "never busy for you", my stomach erupts in butterflies, "are you ok, you sound like you were crying, what happened?" he asks quickly "can we meet?" i manage to get out, "yes, were about?", i use my sleeve to wipe my teary eyes "the ice scream place near my work?", it was silent for a bit until he answers "yes, how about in 15?", i say yes and hung out the phone.

i drive to the store a pick up some skittles, i then threw them on the ground, in the store remembering when i met harper, 2 years ago, i was buying skittles and she was drunk, i then pick up sour watermelon gummies, i get into my car and pick up my phone harper texted me multiply times 'Melody why did you go with out telling me?', 'i saw the note', 'you went though my phone?, wtf", "your a bitch for going though my phone", "whatever you have no friends", dam that hurt a little, i blocked her number and put my phone down, water, pours down my eyes. 

i drive to the ice cream place, wiping my eyes every so often, when i open my car door i see Vinn waiting.