Chapter IV

She felt her whole head spinning, she was very weak. In fact, she had never felt as bad as she did now. But a murderess couldn't stay at home. She had a chance to escape and she had to take it. She couldn't go through the same thing twice. She had only moved a few meters when Tiff shouted:
-Will you tell anyone about me? About... you know... meeting me. And I'm free...? - she asked in a quiet voice, playing with her fingers. There was silence for a moment. Nica had her back to her, thinking about what to answer her. After thinking for a moment, she replied:
-No. You saved my life. I won't turn you in. But promise me one thing. If we ever meet again, you are to pretend you don't know me. I don't want to have anything to do with you ever again.
-Um... of course... so this is... goodbye? Just forever? - Nica nodded. - Can I also make a request, then?
-It depends. - the woman walked up to her, grabbed her by the arms and closed her in a tight hug. For the first few moments, the girl didn't realize what was happening. Then she looked at Tiffany out of the corner of her eye and hugged her too.
-I love you very much, Nica. - the woman kissed her on the forehead and helped her sit in the wheelchair. - Bye bye - she waved goodbye, watching Nica drive away and get further and further away from her. Forever. She felt sorry for her, but what can she do - if you love someone, sometimes you have to let them go.

Nica moved very slowly on the crowded street. She didn't even have the strength in her arms to push her full body weight in the wheelchair. She stopped for a moment to rest and collect her thoughts. Then she spotted her in the crowd. Dressed in a scarf so that no one would recognize her.
-Tiffany what are you doing here? - she asked angrily.
-Shhh, not so loud. I'm hiding after all. And I'm worried about you.
-Then stop. And leave me alone. - she growled.
-Can I at least walk you out? Just to be sure...
-No. - she interrupted.
-Then I will give you back to my family and...
-I have no family because your husband killed them!!! - she screamed. There was a long moment of silence. Tiffany lowered her head.
-Right... Can you not mention him?
-Sorry. - the girl looked away.
-Then I can stay with you, if not at my place, then at yours. I will walk you home.
-No.
-It's to some hotel. I will see that everything is okay.
-No.
-I'll take you to the doctor.
-All right. Let it be.
-Oh, really?! Do you agree?! - she shouted radiantly and immediately embraced her from above. - I'm so happy. I'll go get my car.
-No. We'll take a taxi.
-Taxi? Um... okay. As you wish.

While waiting for the taxi, Tiffany tried to strike up a conversation, but Nica usually responded with one word or nothing at all.
-Why do not you want to talk with me?
-What do you think?
-I know, I behaved badly. - she started stroking her hair.
-Can you not touch me?
-I-I can... - she immediately removed her hand. - Well, I know I behaved badly - she continued - but admit that at least...
-Badly?! - Nica snorted ironically and a sour smile full of regret and remorse appeared on her face. - Bad is probably an understatement! You acted like a fucking madwoman and you think that a few words are enough to calm me down?! - she screamed and then drove the stroller aside. There she grabbed her forehead and sat in that position for some time. At first Tiffany was still standing in the same place, but then she decided to approach her. She wasn't sure if she was crying or thinking about something.
-Nica... - she grabbed her arm. - I'm really sorry, I really am. Nica?! - she screamed and caught her at the last moment as she started to slide out of the wheelchair. She lost consciousness for just a split second.
-W-What...?
-And you wanted to go home alone?! Pff... - the blonde said with contempt for her decision.
Nica looked at Tiffany again very carefully. Then she turned her back and took a few steps away. Then she sighed and, still with her back to her, said:
-I have nowhere to go. - she spun the stroller and found herself in the center in front of Tiffany - Okay, I'll stay. But only for one night.