{2.5}

Once upon a time there was a boy with hair as dark as night and eyes so blue and so deep that one could get lost in it in a second.

This boy wandered around the streets of his kingdom, looking for whatever mischief he could commit and troubles he could get himself into.

The day was cool and cloudless, and the time was just approaching noon. The sun was setting, and the breeze of upcoming Autumn brushed past the villagers' and merchants' cheeks like a kiss from Mother Nature herself—welcoming them to the start of a new season.

Here in the kingdom of Sterid, the start of each season was like the start of a new life. People celebrated the coming with gifts and new tellings to spare to their loved ones. Lovely decorations were set up around the squares and properties, pasted on benches and strolling carts.

This season, the townspeople hung up handmade pieces and wore clothings that exhibited the beautiful patterns and colors of Autumn. Red, yellow, orange and brown.

Crafts of the colorful red and gold leaves that escaped from the large oak trees shielding the market square woven together with thin gold threads shared between houses. Clothing of soft wool sheared from the riches of sheep, bred by the finest herders in all of Sterid.

The boy couldn't help but gag. How could the townspeople live in such hysterics? 

   But nevertheless, he didn't sneak into town to peer at the pitiful celebrations the villagers had. He came for fun. Fun that would keep him up at night, replaying the moment over and over again in bed.

   So when he spotted an older man nearly as skinny as a twig huffing and gruffing as he picked up an acorn from his cart of the produce, he didn't hesitate to make his way towards the merchant.

   He walked with his hands in his pockets, looking around as if he was truly looking to buy any of the products. To make things more realistic, he occasionally mumbled under his breath as if he was calculating the costs of the goods.

   "Maybe if I could get 1 apple today I'll be able to get 2 acorns to make the acorn soup for me and mom tonight.." he whispered.. loud enough for the nearby merchants to hear.

   A chubbier man standing by a cart of pears shot his head up, looking as desperate as a pauper. "My pears are newly harvested, as juicy as ever!"

   The boy shot the man a glare so cold but quick as lightning that the desperate merchant hung his head so low it looked as if it would go in between his legs.

   What a joke. Letting a boy barely a third of your age shut you up that fast, the boy thought, stifling in a laugh, I wonder how your mates treat you.

   The boy walked slowly near the cart of acorns before slamming his entire body into it. The skinny owner looked at the fallen cart with acorns rolling from it with a look of disbelief. His mouth hung open from his face.

   The boy let out a loud chuckle and began to run, but before he could get far enough, the merchant grabbed him by one of the straps of his suspenders and yanked him back.

   His laughter immediately came to a halt when the merchant turned him around. The look on his face sent the message that the merchant had recognized him as the boy who always caused him trouble. The boy who was also the prince of Sterid.

   "Well, well, well. What an interesting surprise," The merchant smirked, flashing a few of his rotting teeth "The prince of all of Sterid. What a pleasure to cross paths with you."