Fragments of Memory

After leaving the grand hall, Elysia was escorted by the maid to a room fit for a queen. The door creaked open to reveal a spacious chamber bathed in soft candlelight, casting a warm glow over the elegant furnishings within.

The walls were adorned with intricate tapestries depicting scenes of nature and mythology, their vibrant colors dancing in the flickering light. A large canopy bed dominated the room, its velvet drapes cascading to the floor in a pool of rich fabric.
A crackling fire burned in the hearth, casting shadows that danced across the walls, adding to the room's cozy atmosphere. Plush armchairs were arranged around a low table, inviting her to sit and relax.

Despite the room's beauty, a sense of unease settled over Elysia like a heavy shroud. She knew she was a prisoner in this gilded cage, trapped by the machinations of the king.

As she sank to the floor, her back against the edge of the bed, she couldn't shake the feeling of fear that gnawed at her insides.
She thought of her brother, alone and vulnerable in the hands of the king, and her heart clenched with worry.

What would the king do to him?
Would he be harmed, or worse?

Elysia's mind raced with possibilities, each one more terrifying than the last. She knew the king was capable of unspeakable cruelty, and the thought of her brother falling victim to his whims filled her with a sense of dread.
But even as fear threatened to consume her, she forced herself to remain strong.
She had to believe that her brother would be safe, that somehow, she would find a way to rescue him from the king's clutches.

With a deep breath, she closed her eyes and focused on her breathing, willing herself to calmness. She couldn't afford to give in to despair, not now. She had to stay strong, for her brother's sake.

As she lingered in the tranquility of the room, her thoughts turned to the events that had brought her to this place. She thought back to the night she had first encountered the beast, the fear and desperation that had driven her into the forest.

Flash back :

The night was shrouded in darkness as Elysia trudged along the desolate road, the dense forest looming ominously on either side. Her car had broken down miles back, leaving her with no choice but to continue on foot, her heart pounding with fear as she ventured deeper into the unknown.

Rumors of the forest's sinister reputation filled her mind, tales of those who had entered its depths and never returned the same. She tried to push aside the whispers of dread that echoed in her mind, focusing instead on the path ahead.

But her sense of unease only grew as she sensed someone following her, their presence lurking in the shadows behind her. With each step, her pace quickened, her heart racing with fear as she glanced over her shoulder and caught sight of several men, their faces twisted into leering grins.

Panic surged through her veins as she realized she was being pursued, their lustful gazes sending a chill down her spine. Without hesitation, she veered off the road and plunged into the dense foliage of the forest, her feet pounding against the forest floor as she fled for her life.

Branches clawed at her skin, thorns tore at her clothes, but still she ran, driven by fear and desperation. The men behind her continued their relentless pursuit, their shouts echoing through the darkness like the cries of predators on the hunt.

With every passing moment, the forest seemed to grow darker, its tangled depths swallowing her whole. She stumbled over roots and rocks, her breath coming in ragged gasps as she fought to stay ahead of her pursuers.

But her efforts were in vain. Suddenly, a sharp pain seared through her back as a rock struck her with brutal force, sending her crashing to the ground with a cry of pain.

As she lay there, dazed and disoriented, she looked up to see the men closing in, their sinister smiles sending a shiver down her spine. She tried to push herself to her feet, but the pain in her back was overwhelming, leaving her helpless against the approaching threat.

And then, just as they reached her, everything went dark, the memory fading into oblivion as someone knocked at the door, bringing her back to the present with a start.

With a trembling breath, Elysia pushed the memories of that fateful night aside, her heart still racing with the remnants of fear. She knew she had to focus on the task at hand, on finding a way to save her brother from the clutches of the king.

But as she sat there in the silence of the room, the echoes of the past still haunting her, she couldn't shake the feeling that the darkness of the forest was not the only danger she faced.

                           *:..。o○ ○o。..:*