Chapter 9: Madness and Dispair

⚠️Viewer's Warning⚠️: This chapter psychological distress that may be disturbing to some readers. Discretion is advised.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Navigating the alleyway without a flashlight proved to be a challenge, each step accompanied by the unsettling sensation of squishing beneath my feet. I tried not to dwell on the nature of the liquid I was treading on, praying it wasn't something as repulsive as urine. The stench that filled the air only added to my discomfort, a nauseating blend of rotten and rodent infestation.

Despite my growing unease, I pressed on, driven by  curiosity about Abel's mysterious rendezvous in such a place. Arriving at the end of the alley, I scanned the surroundings for any sign of Abel and the older man, but they were nowhere to be found. It was as if they had vanished into thin air.

Frustration filled my mind as I searched fruitlessly for any clue to their whereabouts. There were no doors, no hidden passages—just the same grimy walls that lined the alley from end to end. It was like trying to solve a puzzle with missing pieces.

Just as I was about to give up and retreat back the way I came, a piercing scream shattered the silence, echoing off the walls with spine-chilling intensity. My heart leaped into my throat, adrenaline flooding my veins as I stood frozen in place, my senses on high alert.

It was a scream that spoke of terror and desperation. Instinctively, I turned towards the source of the sound. With each step, the darkness seemed to close in around me,  suffocating me in fear. But I couldn't turn back. It was as if my body moved on its own.

And then, just as I reached the spot where the scream had originated, I saw it. A faint glimmer of light emanating from a crack in the wall, barely visible in darkness. It was small, almost unnoticeable, but it drew me in.With trembling hands, I reached out, pressing my fingers against the cold stone surface. And as I pushed gently, the crack widened, revealing a hidden passage beyond.

I followed the faint glimmer of light deeper into the hidden passage. The air grew thick with the stench of neglect and decay. The dim illumination revealed a room that resembled an HVAC chamber, its surfaces coated in dust and grime, a testament to years of abandonment. The damp, musty odor assaulted my senses, making it difficult to breathe.

As I rounded a corner, the source of the sobs and whimpers became clear. There, in the dim light, I saw Abel and the older man locked in a disturbing tableau of suffering. The older man lay naked, his body bound with zip ties and his mouth duct-taped shut. Tears streaked his face, mingling with the dirt and grime that coated his skin.

Abel sat before the older man with an expression devoid of empathy. His features were twisted with indifference, his gaze fixed on the older man with chilling detachment. It was a side of Abel I had never seen before, a side that filled me with unease.

As I watched in stunned silence, a wave of fear washed over me. With trembling hands, I reached for my phone, intent on capturing evidence of the scene before me. But as I fumbled with the device, a sudden noise echoed through the chamber, causing me to freeze in place. It was a sound I knew all too well—the unmistakable click of footsteps approaching.

As the footsteps drew closer, my heart hammered against my ribs with a frantic urgency. I retreated into the shadows, hiding behind a stack of boxes, my breath coming in shallow gasps as I tried to suppress the rising panic.

Abel's silhouette apeared into view, his form outlined by the dim light. He moved with a purposeful stride, his footsteps echoing off the concrete floor with a chilling finality.

My pulse quickened as Abel approached the stack of boxes where I hid, my muscles tensing in anticipation of being discovered. But to my relief, he passed by without so much as a glance in my direction, his attention focused solely on the task at hand.

With a quick motion, Abel retrieved a box from the stack and set it down before the older man, his movements deliberate and methodical. As he began to unpack its contents, my stomach churned with a sickening sense of fear for what was about to happen to the old man.

One by one, Abel laid out a gruesome array of tools—a coping saw, a cross saw, a pincer, a drill, a sledgehammer—each instrument more menacing than the last. The older man's cries grew more frantic with each new addition, his eyes wide with terror as he watched his fate unfold before him.

But Abel remained impassive, his expression unchanged as he surveyed the tools with a detached expression. There was no remorse in his eyes, no flicker of compassion for the suffering he was about to inflict.

Finally, Abel spoke, his voice cutting through the tense silence.

"Okay, old man," he said, his gaze fixed intently on his captive. "Pick your poison. Which one of these lovely toys would you like me to play with?"

The old man recoiled in horror, the fear in his eyes visible as he realized the gravity of his situation. A stream of urine trickled down his leg, mingling with the musty scent of decay that hung heavy in the air.

Abel erupted into laughter, the sound ringing off the walls of the dingy room. "Did you just piss yourself? At your age?" he taunted, striding over to the trembling figure on the floor.

With a swift motion, Abel tore the duct tape from the old man's mouth. "Please, I beg of you," the man pleaded, his voice raw with terror. "I'll give you anything you want. Money, property, anything. Just don't hurt me."

But Abel's expression remained unchanged, his eyes cold  as he stared down at the old man.

"Mr. Bourgeois Monte," he began,  "Businessman, husband, father of four. But also a patron of Rouge Hole, a notorious gay bar where he indulges in lavish spending and brings home multiple partners."

The old man's eyes widened in shock, as his secrets laid bare for all to see. "But that's not why you're here," Abel continued, his tone chillingly matter-of-fact.

"T-then why?" the old man stammered, his voice trembling with fear.

Abel shrugged nonchalantly. "You were the first one to respond to my messages on the dating app. Simple as that. Just bad luck on your part, I suppose."

The old man's breath caught in his throat, his worst fears confirmed. "What is your reason for doing this?" he pleaded, his voice cracking with emotion.

Abel cocked his head to the side, a mocking grin playing on his lips. "Do I need a reason?" he replied, his tone devoid of remorse.

"Are you going to kill me?" the old man whispered, his voice barely audible over the sound of his own sobs.

Abel's lips curled into a cruel smile as he shook his head. "Oh no~," he replied, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "I was just going to have a tea party and send you on your merry way." And with that, he burst into laughter.

As the old man's cries echoed through the room, Abel's laughter filled the air, a sinister blend of madness and despair.