𝕬𝖘 𝕴𝖙 𝕺𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖂𝖆𝖘

002

❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀

 ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀

For as long as you can remember

For as long as you can remember. You've always loved to read books about romance and all other things. Happy endings were a bit cliché but it gave you something to believe in.

At the foot of your bed, your mother watched as you slept.

Regret.

She felt an overwhelming amount of regret for ever introducing you to those very fairytales you loved so much. She thought that maybe if she didn't instill so much hope within you, the marriage proposal would sit better with you.

She felt disgusted at the fact that she just sat there quietly while your father offered you up to the likes of some older man.

Lifting a polished hand, she stroked your cheek. Your mother loves you greatly, but to go against her husband's wishes would only worsen the situation. She felt helpless, but what was she to do?

She is only a woman.

A single tear fell from her eyes as she looked at you. "I hope it does not rain." She whispered, putting her hand back to her side and leaving the room.

- ˗ˋ୨🎀୧ˊ˗ -

A hand pats powder onto your face, another stuffed in your hair and another hand showering your body in fine jewelry.

All this was happening while your mother, aunt, and other female family members lingered in the room. Telling you what to do and what not to do.

"Smile, but not too much."

"Do it just enough so they can see that you have a pretty set of white teeth."

"Engage, but never speak unless you are spoken to. Never be too talkative. It takes away from your mysterious persona. Men love mystery. "

"When you walk, keep your head up. Never look down unless you are speaking to the head of the clan himself."

"Also, keep your strides short and a tad bit slow. It brings attention to your hips, knowing you have healthy hips will work in your favor."