Chapter 4: The Lore of Aura

Ruby: Well, I'm sorry you need my help to win a fight. I'm just fine on my own!

Weiss: Well, congratulations on being the strongest child to sneak your way into Beacon. Bravo!

Blue: Oh noes

Ozpin: Well, it seems that the conflict has started

Glynda: Oh great, those two are going together like Oil and Water

Blue: B-But...that's bad!

Glynda: I know, Blue. And that's why the two need to sort things out, seeing as how they are partners now

Blue: I hope they do, but the two already have their flaws.......

Weiss begins to walk off on her partner yet again. Ruby, with an agitated shriek, unfolds Crescent Rose, slices a tree down to the stump, refolds it back, and follows her partner as the tree crashes behind her.

Neither notice the large dark feather floating onto the fallen trunk behind them.

Meanwhile across the Forest, Pyrrha armed with Miló and Akoúo̱, and accompanied by Jaune, are making their way through the bushes. Jaune hears a noise far away and turns his head.

Jaune: Did you hear that?

Pyrrha: Gunfire. It seems some of our comrades have encountered the enemy.

They keep moving forward, Jaune still staring in the sound's direction as Pyrrha raises a branch to pass by and accidentally releases it right at Jaune's face, flooring him instantly.

Pyrrha: Jaune! I'm sorry!

Jaune laughs, lowering his hand from his cheek to reveal a gash from the wooden recoil.

Jaune: It's okay. Just a scratch!

Pyrrha: Why didn't you activate your Aura?

Jaune: Huh?

Pyrrha: Your Aura.

Jaune: Gesundheit.

Pyrrha: Jaune, do you....know what Aura is?

Jaune: Psch! Of course I do! Do you know what Aura is?

Pyrrha smiles at him and gets ready to explain as the scene changes to Ren's trek through the forest's tall grass.

Pyrrha: Aura is the manifestation of our soul. It bears our burdens and shields our hearts. Have you ever felt you were being watched without knowing that someone was there?

Jaune: Uh....yeah.

Ren stops and narrows his eyes, looking around him while a huge black Grimm serpent rises up from the grass behind him and quickly surrounds him with its large, hissing body.

Ren adopts a fighting stance as the snake coils together in front of him and attacks with its long fangs.

Pyrrha: With practice, our Aura can be our shield. Everyone has it, even animals.

Jaune: What about monsters?

Pyrrha: No.

With Ren, he leaps out of the way, the snake's mouth hitting the ground and instantly coming up again to hit a jumping Ren back with its snout.

Pyrrha: The monsters we fight lack a soul. They are creatures of Grimm, the manifestation of anonymity.

Ren lands in a crouch when the serpent encircles him again, and he unleashes his StormFlower before jumping up and firing at the creature.

Pyrrha: They are the darkness, and we are the light.

Jaune: Right, that's why we fight them!

Pyrrha: It's not about why, it's about knowing.