Chapter 9: Blake's Secret

We are coming up to the end of Volume 1!
_________________

Blue's POV
_________________

Cardin: Are you sure about this?

Blue: Yeah, you need it if you want to change, do you want to change?

Cardin: I....I don't know

Blue: You aren't sure?

Cardin: N-No

It's been a while since the whole Forever Falls incident, and right now, as my role of Peacekeeper, I'm making sure that no more bullying happens while also changing a bully.

I approached Cardin about this and said it was his choice, Cardin wasn't sure but decided to go with my plan. His eyes weren't open yet, but I plan to keep it open....figuratively of course.

Blue: I'm not surprised, you always thought you were the big man. Now that even Jaune showed you up, you're conflicted. But trust me on this, I'll make a man out of you

Cardin: By having me apologise?

Blue: Saying sorry is a good thing, but we're going to train for a bit. You ready?

Cardin: Yeah, I am

Blue: Alright, then let's get started big man

Right now, the two of us were the only ones in the training arena. I take out my Powerpole while Cardin wields his weapon, we have a stand off but I noticed that the former bully looked shaken.

Blue: He probably knows the reality of things, he isn't some invincible, strong guy. He is cocky, and can get hurt if he isn't careful

I decided to ease up my battle stance, which slightly worked and gave Cardin a sense of relaxation. I leap at him and swing my weapon at his face with minimal pace, Cardin blocks it but almost didn't as he couldn't keep up with the speed.

I back off and deliver quick strikes to his chest and sides, whether they were jabs or swings. Cardin couldn't block any but soon enough, when I kept performing the same patterns, he started to block or step back.

Blue: Hey, that's good. But your combat IQ has to be better!

I perform a fast but very weak combination with my weapon, knocking Cardin to the ground. He seemed to not have the strength to get up, but I was going to make him continue.

I help him stand up and we keep going until the rest of the day. During these hours, I learnt a lot about Cardin as he randomly started to rant to me while swinging.

It seems like he was just venting to me, but this was fine because the reason he was venting to me was because he trusts me with this knowledge.

Okay, so first of all, Cardin has high expectations from his Father, like really high considering he comes from a well known family.

His Father hated Faunus, and that hatred passed down onto Cardin. Children can be molded and influenced by someone older, and so that's what happened to him.

Cardin's Mother had left the family because she couldn't bear to live with Cardin's Father. I heard she was nice to Cardin at least so that's good.

Cardin is an actual decent person once you get passed the stupid behaviour, and now I can see he will be able to change.

Blue: So, Cardin, how do you feel?

Cardin: T-Tired

Blue: Good, life shouldn't be easy all of the time. You need to suffer sometimes to toughen up, now, tomorrow I want you to apologise to Jaune and Velvet.