Origin Chapter A: Blue's Semblance

As the students got ready for bed, Ozpin was sorting some files in his office, with a cup of magic coffee in his hand. Glynda was also present as she talked about the new batch of students that have arrived.

Glynda: Professor, what are your thoughts on the teams? Because I'm sceptical of the leaders

Ozpin: The leaders? How come?

Glynda: While Miss Rose has shown great leadership skills out there, she is still the youngest by two years.

Ozpin: That's understandable, but it will work out in the end

Glynda: I hope so, that team shows promise, but what about Mr Arc? I don't want to get into details because....well, I'm sure you understand my frustrations

Ozpin: I do, but in the words of our trusty Peacekeeper, "Trust The Process".

Glynda: [Sighs] I always wanted to go against those words, but he magically makes it work that I have to believe in him whenever he does say it.

Ozpin:...Indeed....seeing them arrive here, it reminds me of the first time when Blue had started his training

Glynda: It still feels like yesterday, he wasn't sure at first but grew into it. Then, he unlocked his semblance.

[7 Years Ago]

Ozpin: Good evening, Blue. Thank you for joining me. Please, have a seat.

Blue: Thank you, Professor....umm, what do you need me for?

Ozpin: Well, as you know, I have allowed you to stay in Beacon considering the situation. But I've also been observing your progress closely, and I believe it's time we discuss your future, specifically, your potential role as the Peacekeeper of Beacon and Vale.

Blue: The Peacekeeper? I....I don't know what to say. Are you sure? I-I don't even have fighting experience!

Ozpin: That is true, but I have confidence in your abilities. You've shown exceptional heart and courage to help the students here despite being a child and more importantly, a deep sense of justice and empathy when facing bullies, traits essential for a Peacekeeper.

Blue: Thank you, Professor. But what do I do when I'm a Peacekeeper?

Ozpin: As Peacekeeper, your duty would be to maintain harmony within Beacon, and in the near future, Vale. Mediate conflicts, and protecting the citizens from any threats, be they Grimm or otherwise. It's a role that requires strength, wisdom, and a steady hand.

Blue: I-I see...I don't mind it, but I might need some help. What do I need to do to prepare?

Ozpin: Your training will be multifaceted. Combat skills are essential, of course, but you will also need to hone your diplomatic abilities and understanding of the intricate social dynamics within Vale. We will also delve deeper into strategic planning and leadership.

Blue: U-Ummm.....say what now?

Ozpin: Haha, do not worry, I have no doubt that you will be fine, Blue, I'll be helping you out. Remember, you are not alone in this journey.

Blue: Thank you, Professor. I'll do my best to live up to this role and make you proud!

Ozpin: You already do, Blue, after what happened, you're still standing. Keep your heart and mind open, and always strive to understand those around you. The role of Peacekeeper is as much about compassion as it is about strength.

Blue: I'll remember that. I won't let you down.

Ozpin: I know you won't. Now, let's begin your training with a few combat drills. His will be crucial for your role as Peacekeeper.