12

⏱️ Later that evening...

°Deanne's POV °5:45 P

°Deanne's POV °
5:45 P. M.

"Mi say mi breast dem tender!"

Heheya, yawh fondle dem up too much a night time.

Crumpling the empty snack bag in my hand, I pull the Catherine's Peak bottle from the side pocket of my bag and uncork the cap. A teasing grin spreads my lips as I stare at my best friend. "Come mek mi massage dem fi yuh..."

"Get away from me, batty gyal!" She laughs.

A small chuckle leaves my lips, as well, as I bring the water bottle to my lips and take a huge swig to wash down the remnant of the Double Cheese biscuit I'm eating. Boi the sun a pelt! It nuffi set by now? "Well since mah offer a solution and yuh refuse it, stop complain to mi then."

Ricky smiles then sticks her tongue out at me. "Gweh."

Real problem child...

I hum. Then sigh. "Wait deh man, yuh bus dem strike or sum'n?"

It's as if it's just dawning on me that we've been standing here for over an hour with not a bus in sight.

No man!

Rickel hisses her teeth and sighs. "Same t'ing mi just deh yasso a say to miself!"

I simply hum as I stare ahead, watching the faces of passers-by. The bus stop was skanty when we got here, earlier. Now, it's packed to the brim with schoolers, and working-class people alike. People fi kill!

I sigh.

Bwoi, the Prime Minister need fi do sum'n 'bout tha bus system yah. Jah know.

"Yo, yuh still deh yasso, mi G?"

At the sound of the voice, my eyes shift to Shav as he comes up to us.

He past here earlier, him and a group of sixth formers, and now he's back. In his right hand, he holds a Burger King juice cup, while the complementary bag is in his left hand. He has a smirk on his face.

Burger King pon a Tuesday? Real rich...!

My eyes roam his body, travelling over his blue and white uniform which sits on him like a well-tailored second skin, down to the pair of clarks on his feet, then back to his smirking face.

Before fleeting over to the guy behind him. Tall, dark, and equally as handsome. He's also decked out in JC's sixth form uniform which fits him just as neatly.