2

🧭8 Months Earlier...

°Tyrone's POV°5:15 P

°Tyrone's POV°
5:15 P.M.

"Weh yuh say, bossy, we a buy gas now? Or we a wait til later?"

"We can do either," I tell Perry, pulling to a stop behind the last car in the line as the stoplight by Immaculate changes to red. "Which gas station better?"

"We usually just full up a the one a Dunrobin. Them nuh bad."

"Ah."

"Thickaz, yawh come?" Perry suddenly shouts, repeatedly hitting the side of the bus as a signal for me to pull over. "Yo, tek up!"

Before I can stop properly, he hops from the step and jogs further up the street.

Pulling over unto the soft-shoulder, I sigh, staring at them through the side mirror, adjusting the kerchief on my head. The sun hot yuh fuck...

The fair-skinned Immaculate girl walks towards him, and he puts his arms around her waist, leading her inside the bus, just as he turns, spotting another girl coming through the school's gate. "Browning, yawh come too? Treez?"

Them typa girl deh nuh tek bus, bredda.

Yuh can see the uptight mark pon her face.

Perry obviously doesn't pick up the vibe since he continues to walk up to her, despite her blatantly ignoring him.

Why the dawg still a feature she?

A act like her shit can mek patty.

"Come nuh, dawg!" I shout, hissing my teeth. Think mi have whole day fi waste yasso?

Tooting my horn, I watch as he turns on his heels and runs back to the bus, hopping onto the step and shouting, "Road!"

Long fucking time!

Shuffling to get more comfortable in my seat, I pull off, speeding down Constant Spring Road.

As we reach the intersection at Electrical Depot and the new plaza, I spot a browning waiting to cross the road from ED side. Tooting my horn, I point ahead and she nods. "Yo, Perry, see one deh. Go fi her nuh."

"Weh she deh?" he asks, getting off and walking in front of the bus, as I fan down the other bus that's speeding towards us.

But, it doesn't stop, swerving away from us and going to stop before me, one a di wasteman dem who ever hitch up pon the step, jumping off.