chapter 20 - my bloody valentine (pt 2)

Sitting there on the edge of the bed.

We held hands, waiting for the time to pass.

Her loving eyes of peace struck me like daggers as all she could do was smile.

Y/N - hm? What's with the smile?

She laughs softly, diverting them away from me to maintain herself

Suzy - it's nothing

With a confused expression on my face, my eyebrow lifting at why she was acting this way.

Y/N - w- what?

Suzy - nothing. I- I just never really looked at your eyes before.

Y/N - w- what's wrong with them?

Suzy - they're- they're really pretty.

I pointed to myself, not really sure on how to take it

Y/N - m- my eyes?

She nods, before leaning in to give me a quick peck on the lips.

Suzy - they're like, hm- I wouldn't be sure on how to describe them.

Y/N - really?

Suzy - I wasn't much of a poet but if I could tell you, I would.

Her gentle touch guided itself to my cheek, where she squished it a bit. Making me laugh a little at how she was asking.

Y/N - you're never this soft

Suzy - I know. I always keep forgetting to tell myself that I made a good choice.

Y/N - what was the choice if I may ask?

Suzy - that I was right to choose you. That- that sounds bad. Uhm- that, I'm glad that I fell in love with the right man.

Y/N - I'm the right man for you?

Suzy - you well are, and very clearly.

We both smiled at each other, nothing more could beat how it felt in this room right now with us together.

Y/N - looks like you're taking on some of my own habits

Suzy - looks like it, been feeling a bit more comprehensive of my own language and I still stutter at the normal words.

But it was my turn.

My hand guided itself too, up to her cheek. Cupping it as hers felt like a marshmallow over a warm fire.

Y/N - god you're so precious.

Her soft smile turned into a full one, but shy behind the words I had said to her.

Suzy - I can't really get over the fact that you were so reserved when I first met you. Well, reserving on how you were a bit of a bitch.

Y/N - yeah.. I can't deny that at all. Do you miss that part of me?

Suzy - no... I miss that part of you that's gonna be with me in the days ahead. And I miss you right now.

Y/N - I'm right here.

Suzy - you dummy, I'll always miss you. Where would I be without the man that you are?

Y/N - not sure. But, I always miss you too. It's always too empty without you when you're working.

Suzy - guess we can't leave each other at this point huh?

Y/N - I guess we can't.

A knock, echoes from the hallways.