2. Creating Pleasant First Impressions

"You sure can tease," Matsushita shot back in composure.

...For whatever reason, which he didn't know, Matsushita decided to hide her abilities.

He didn't particularly care, though. Not at the moment.

When they stepped into the place together, Renka and Matsushita sorted out the things they wanted to buy quickly, with their respective 100,000 Yen. They were toiletries, groceries, and other small stuff that could be spotted.

Matsushita watched with interest. "You know how to cook, Kuroshio-kun?"

"The basics, yeah," Renka shrugged, looking back at her basket. "What about you?"

"Eh, isn't it obvious?"

Renka chuckled. "I guess so."

They browsed the convenience store before eventually stumbling upon something weird in one section of the store.

"Free...?" Matsushita mumbled, a confused tone in her voice.

Renka noticed it too, raising his eyebrows. Ah, this.

"Buying it for having spent 100,000 Yen doesn't sound realistic," saying so, he scoffed. "Being given 100,000 Yen is already ridiculous. I'm amazed they didn't raise any suspicions at all."

Matsushita regarded the boy with a look of cluelessness. "What makes you think so?"

Renka shook his head. "I know that not voicing any doubts at all, or at least displaying them after being given that much money is just downright stupid."

He was still considering how he should engage with the school's unique system without being unnecessarily tied down, thereby limiting his enjoyment.

He glanced to the side. Horikita, and Ayanokouji, who had been carrying on with the same business as them, seemingly interested in the topic Renka and Matsushita were discussing. Horikita soon averted her gaze, while Ayanokouji made a slight nod. ...Indeed, I should ruin the story. That thought came to him at that time. I mean, it's just predictable if I didn't, right?

 I mean, it's just predictable if I didn't, right?