26. Karuizawa's Problem

"Just yesterday," Kuroshio shrugged his shoulders. "She was actually the one who suggested we watch this movie."

"So that's the case..." she turned her attention towards her, smiling. "Thank you for the suggestion."

Ibuki seemed a bit uncomfortable. "It's nothing to be thanked for."

"Ahaha, maybe it's true. It's just etiquette, see."

After that, they stopped talking. The movie had already started.

***

As they walked out of the room, "That was a wonderful movie...!" Matsushita had sparkling eyes. She seemed very enthusiastic.

"The beginning wasn't as interesting, but they were "excellent" build-up parts throughout the whole movie! The mystery of the scientists' dealings with the "unknown source" was the most well done, don't you agree? Even though it was set in the real world, the fictional elements they gave didn't make it unbelievable. In contrast, it was very believable!"

"I know, I know. Let's talk about it in a quieter place, okay?" Kuroshio calmed her down.

She flinched. "Oh... you're right."

Kuroshio chuckled at that. "I can understand how you feel, though. I was also pretty surprised by that."

The way that one tiny detail and all the others fit together left him rather impressed. He had to respect whoever wrote the script and those who so well adapted it to a movie.

Anyway, they decided to go to the cafe.

"There are still sequels, aren't there?"

Settling into their seats, Matsushita resumed the conversation regarding the film they had just watched.

"Yes," Kuroshio nodded. "There were six movies in total. The story is completely over at that point."

"When do you think the sequel will be shown in theaters again?"

"The schedule is on the app on your phone. Or, you can watch it directly from the website."

"Ahh, but the theater is definitely more fun. Will you be with me again when the second one airs?"

"Haha, sure. I'm curious about the sequel myself."

Then, they continued talking for the next few tens of minutes.

After that, they went their separate ways with great notes.

***

"Please be my boyfriend!"

Kuroshio raised his eyebrows in surprise and bewilderment.

Karuizawa was currently sitting in front of him with her palms together in a pleading gesture. Her eyes were appealing.

I knew she would try to get close to me sooner or later, but I certainly didn't expect her to come right out and say it like that.

"We don't interact much, do we?" Kuroshio asked. Saying " Of course!" right away would only make her suspicious.

Other than during the first day, Kuroshio had also hung out with Karuizawa's cliques a few times. It was only when they had a better view of him, though. He didn't think that amount of time would be enough for her to just hook up with him.

Karuizawa was fidgeting. "W-Well, yes, it is. But listen to my reasoning first, okay?"

"I'm all ears."

Karuizawa took a deep breath.

"I was bullied before entering this school," she began in a heavy tone. "Very heavy bullying, I think."