20. Prelude for Hasebe Haruka's Lemon

A/N: This is a Prelude for Hasebe's Lemon, but the Lemon for her isn't written in this Chapter but the next one.

***

When Kamuro awoke from her sleep, she had been covered by a blanket. The look on her face was one of confusion. ...What did I do last night?

She instinctively tried to recall them.

She knew she hung out with Kuroshio just before that, invited him to her space, and did some stuff but, she couldn't remember what that stuff was.

Her outfit had been changed to one suitable for sleeping hours.

Surveying her bedroom, she couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

...

Elsewhere, Kuroshio stepped out of his room and prepared for school as usual. He had been thinking about the three new matters given to him by the System.

The free Basic Martial Arts Pack and the costly Immediate Emotional Increase had been shown before. They were now his. Replacing "Intermediate Cooking Knowledge", the System provided an option called "One Blank Hour"— a pretty straightforward name.

The Basic Martial Arts Pack needed no explanation. Its only purpose was to expand his options in combat. In the case of Immediate Emotional Increase:

[Description: Briefly increases one's emotions by utilizing the target's weaknesses, allowing for a horrific effect.

[Side Effects: The user's emotions are heightened in an undesirable direction.

[How to Use: Uttering a word or action that matches the target's weakness]

As for One Blank Hour:

[Description: Completely erases memories of the past one hour. Can only affect one hour of the present.

[Side Effects: Only applicable once a week.

[How to Use: Say the words "forget everything" ten times in a continuous and clear manner]

Clearly, even without One Blank Hour, Kuroshio already had a plan to deal with the refreshed Kamuro. It was just a coincidence that Kuroshio gained that ability and then used it because the opportunity arose.

Incidentally, Hasebe had also given him an invitation to go to her room tonight. Since it was sent via Line yesterday, Kuroshio had no idea what exactly was the reason. Guess I'll uncover it today. That said, Hasebe quite often invites her close friends over to her place.

"Kuroshio-kun!"

Someone called out to him. It was Ichinose. She is with her Class B cohort.

Kuroshio smiled and waved one of his hands to greet them. "Morning to you, Ichinose— and Amikura, Chihiro, Kobashi, Minamikata. You guys are still as energetic as ever."

She laughed pleasantly. "I can say the same to Kuroshio-kun?"

Amikura, Chihiro, and two additional girls with the full name of Kobashi Yume and Minamikata Kozue also gave him a short, bright greeting.

Then, Amikura mentioned something with an exceptionally excited tone.

"Happy birthday, Kuroshio-kun!"

Chihiro followed with embarrassment. "H-Happy birthday, Kuroshio-kun."

"Happy Birtdhay!" "Happy Birthday!"

Kobashi and Minamikata also weren't awkward in offering their congratulations.

—ah, That's when Kuroshio realized that it was April 10th.