Chapter 25 (Mature)

The next day -Donghai's POV-

'The air isn't as intense as it was last time I came to China' I thought while I made sure to not be recognized by anyone at the airport. And after finally getting outside, I seen my ride waiting for me.

"My young lord, welcome back! Please get in" A driver bowed.

"Thank you" I responded and got in the car. Xiao then suddenly appeared.

"Xiao? Good morning" I softly smiled. Xiao seemed to be happy due to him floating around my hand.

"Would you like to go anywhere before reaching the palace young lord?" The driver asked. I shook my head 'no'.

"This is pretty urgent. Please head straight to the palace" Bowing his head, the driver focused on the road. I knew it was going to be a long ride. I had flown in really early in the morning so I was obviously exhausted. I haven't even had a sip of tea at all neither.

Once I reached the palace, I was greeted by my father and a few servants who grabbed my suitcase. I spoke with my father about the other things that I have been experiencing besides having bad luck. It wasn't all that bad, for some of the things I mentioned were actually good things....but we're too good to be true. I even mentioned Xiao to my father.

"Xiao actually seems pretty cute..." My father softly smiled at Xiao who allowed himself to be seen.

"I agree, but I don't know where he came from. He can answer questions with small gestures and can even express emotions through colors. When I first met him, he gestured that I summoned him but that is impossible because I don't have a quirk that summons things like him. Nor do I have anything similar. I thought that because of him appearing, it caused some sort of backlash to my quirk. But even before I met him, I felt that I was having a bit of trouble with my quirk... like it's just going to keep getting stronger. So I stored most of my quirks energy in the ring Huizhong forged for me. It worked for about a week when I was on that mission... but the next week something was... wrong." I continued.

"Plus...after...after I miscarried....I've been in a bit of pain lately. My doctor recommended me to have Bakugo help me use my healing quirk so the healing process could go faster, but I ended up getting poisoned which worsened the process. My doctor was able to go undercover to come to where I was to help me but turns out, I was worse than she thought. She could only tell me to be careful with my quirk and try to heal as much as I needed. This made me wonder that when women go through something like this...do they feel what I am feeling-" I stopped talking and was in deep thought.

"Maybe I have gone through depression for a while....since I know that most women who miscarry can continue doing regular things after a day or two but I'm a man and it's different for me"

"Well Donghai, you are right about that. It's a painful topic for her... but your mother went through a miscarriage before you came. Yes she was able to do regular things after a day of losing the baby, but she went through a state of severe depression for a little while. But once she held you in her arms once you were born, she grew happy. It encouraged her to try again! Those silly doctors told your mother that there was only a 20% chance of her getting pregnant again since she was very infertile. We managed to finally have Hayami. Who you named" My father's memories started to flow in my mind. I softly smiled.

"Indeed I remember....but what does this have to do with me? A man who is able to conceive due to me in the past being curious about female pregnancy?" I asked. My father grabbed my hand and grasped it firmly.

"Donghai, what I told you just now doesn't mean you question your gift of being able to conceive as a man. I'm encouraging you and Bakugo to try again. I'm not saying try again right away, but when the both of you are ready. I know this loss means something to you, but don't give up! And use your gift to its advantage because you never know how long you'll be able to live to see such things or go through life lessons. Life is full of adventure and learning new things. Plus...Huizhong...you gave yourself a second chance of life...don't re-live the bad stuff but make everyday a good day" I felt good past memories flow in my head. It was like I was regaining Huizhong's memories of when he smiled.