Chapter 5

In the darkest part of the forest, a palace surrounded by shadows stood tall and menacing on thick tree roots, black as ebony. The outer walls were reddish-black topped with black roofs. Stain glass windows on almost every tower caught what very little light peaked through the shadows. The interior was just as dark and majestic. Polished wood floors, luxurious furniture colored the deepest shade of red and violet, ornate candles, and glass floating chandeliers.

Pacing up and down the floor of the main tower was Deep Blue, hands behind his back, eyes focused straight ahead. His face held no emotion, but his mind spun with many things. He was trying to think of a way to take the Mew Aqua and Amai, though nothing he could come up with was good enough.

Casting a spell was out of the question, given the crystal would no doubt protect her, as his pathetic younger brother had stated. Capturing was not going to work either, since she'd be constantly around those other Fae. So badly did he want to attack the group and force her to surrender, but he didn't care for bloodshed unless it was absolutely necessary.

So, what could he do?

"I'm getting that crown even if I must rip it off her head, then get her. But how? How?!" He remembered the feel of her skin when he held her wrists. Silky smooth, creamy and lovely under the sunlight. Her eyes, how they held so much innocence and purity, like the form he'd given her. Deep Blue wanted to gaze into them forever, to gaze at her forever.

Never had he been interested in romance, but seeing Amai, this young girl prophesied to stop him, something in him changed. A sudden fire erupted within him, boiling his blood, a blush arising on his face whenever she crossed his mind.

He just had to have her, and the Mew Aqua. And he would not rest until he did.

.............................................................................................................................................

Sun beaming down the next day, late in the afternoon, a brown horse ran down the grasslands outside the palace overlooking the village. On its back a young man sat, deep green hair flying with the breeze that brushed it. His golden eyes kept forward as he rode.

Prince Kisshu, the heir to the throne and only child of the King and Queen, found it difficult to find alone times like this nowadays. Having reached the age to marry a short time ago, his parents were insisting he start looking for a bride. Not that he was opposed to the idea, but he dreamed of marrying out of love, and most of their suggestions were princesses. The only issue he had against engagement to another royal was that he felt it would be more of a political marriage than out of true love.

When he expressed this to his parents, they proposed a grand ball be held with every eligible young woman from miles around. Kisshu agreed, yet the downside was there was more work for him like tailor fittings and helping his parents when they asked for him.

He was so thankful when his two best friends, Taruto and Pai, had bailed him out and given him time for a ride. Now here he was, the wind softly hitting his face, the leaves rustling above him, everything was perfectly peaceful.

"Whoa!" The prince was startled when his horse neighed suddenly, lifting its front legs a few inches off the ground and back. He petted its main to calm it down. "Hey, what is it?"

Over the animal's head, his eyes caught sight of the cause for the fright. A white horse, standing a good distance away, nibbling on some bushes. He was mesmerized by its beauty, never had he seen a creature before. The mysterious horse lifted its head, seeing its new company. Staring for a moment, it turned away and ran.