chapter 21: Root of all evil

Ray was just sitting down, reading a book, until red fog appeared in the room forming a figure. Ray glanced up from his book as Roo fully materialized in his room, her humanoid form exuding an unsettling aura that sent shivers down his spine. With her pallid skin and inky-black hair, which blazed with fiery red at the tips, she looked every bit as menacing as he remembered.

 With her pallid skin and inky-black hair, which blazed with fiery red at the tips, she looked every bit as menacing as he remembered

Roo: "Ah, if it isn't my favorite little plaything,"

Ray: "What do you want?"

Roo: "Can't I just see my frie-"

Ray: "We haven't talked in 6 months, what do you want?"

Roo: "Well, I want you to-"

Angel dust: "Hey Ray have you seen..."

Angel Dust raised an eyebrow as he caught sight of Ray and Roo in the room. A mischievous grin spread across Angel's face as he jumped to conclusions.

Angel Dust: "Well, well, well, what do we have here? Looks like a little rendezvous, hmm? Don't mind me, I'll just see myself out..."

Ray: "It's not what you think, Angel. Just business."

Angel Dust: "Sure, sure. Whatever you say. I won't tell a soul...want me to join?"

Ray rolled his eyes at Angel's antics, knowing that his friend's tendency to exaggerate could only lead to trouble. But before he could respond, Roo interjected with her signature wicked grin.

Roo: "Oh, darling, I'm afraid you'll have to find your drama elsewhere. Ray and I were just catching up on old times, weren't we?"

Ray shot a wary glance at Roo, He knew better than to trust her words, but he also understood that he is a fucking wimp compared to her.

Ray: "That's right, just catching up. Nothing scandalous here, I assure you."

Angel Dust: "Huh, if you say so, Ray. But I've got my eye on you two. Wouldn't want things to get too interesting around here, now would we?"

Roo: "Would you like a cigarette my dear."

Angel dust: "Uh, sure."

With a wink and a playful grin, Angel sauntered out of the room, leaving Ray and Roo alone once again. Ray let out a sigh of relief, grateful for the momentary reprieve from Angel's teasing.

Ray: ".....wait did that cigarette have the drug that you used on me?"

Roo: "Yep, he won't remember this."

Roo chuckled softly, her eyes glinting with amusement as she regarded Ray with a knowing look.

Roo: "Oh, darling, you should know by now that unexpected is my specialty. But enough about Angel and his wild imagination. Let's get down to business, shall we?"

Ray: "Fine, just tell me what you want so you can leave."

Roo: "Oh, but darling, you're the one who's always been so entertaining to me. Why would I ever want to rush things?"