Chapter 17

A head lifted up from the top of the lump. "Anemone?" Squeked the voice. "Are you alright?" Anemone blurted at the four. Anemone waded over and realized the bottom of the lump was Umber, stretched out in the water, half-submerged, lying on top of him was Kinkajou, and on top of her was Moon, and on top of the pile sat Ostrich, she kept her poisonous tail stretched out away from the other three. "This is a terrible stragedy," Anemone pointed out. Her friends began to open their eyes, one by one. "Oh," Kinkajou said silkily, "The SeaWing princess has time for us all of a sudden?"
"I knew you'd come for us, Anemone! I mean, I thought you'd come yesterday, or this morning, or when the storm started, but I knew you'd come! Eventually, I was pretty sure," Ostrich went on. "Why haven't you moved to another cave? This one could be completely flooded soon," Anemone said. "We can't go anywhere, Anemone, we can't leave Umber!" Ostrich said. Moon pointed a talon at something under the water. Chains? Anemone thought. "We tried melting them, but it didn't work," Moon said. Umber could have drowned! Mother lied to me! Anemone thought, Unless it was Shark who did this, I'll rip him apart.
Anemone turned her head to Ostrich, ever since they were dragonets, Ostrich had the warmest scales in the cave, they were even warmer than Dunes. . . "Ostrich, I need you to keep this egg warm," Anemone said. Ostrich walked over to Anemone is excitement. "Me? You want me to do something important?" Ostrich asked. "Really important, my sister is in there, somebody wants her dead, and we're going to make sure that doesn't happen," Anemone said. Ostrich immediately curled up with the SeaWing egg, being careful with her tail barb. "Hello little dragonet," Ostrich said to the egg. Anemone then heard Umber's stomach rumble. "Have they even fed you?" Anemone asked. "We got some breakfast leftovers this morning," Umber said, "Very tiny crabs."
"I am going to claw someone," Anemone snarled. Anemone quickly glanced at the chains around one of Umber's back talons. "How do we get those chains off Umber?" Anemone asked. "You'll need the keys from the guards, but they'll never give it to you," Pike said. "We'll see about that," Anemone snickered. Anemone quickly flew out of the dark cave, and to where the guards were. "How's your brother?" One of the SeaWing guards asked. "Getting better, the nurses said-
"Give me the key!" Anemone snapped. "Uh. . . What key?" The first SeaWing guard asked, playing dumb. "Don't make me bite you! The key! To Umber's chains!" Anemone snarled, "Right, now."
"For the MudWing? We can't, we have orders!" The SeaWing said. "Orders from whom?" Anemone asked. "Our-" The SeaWing stopped himself, "Our commander."
"Shark? Too bad for him, key," Anemone demanded. "But we can't, Shark would be furious," The SeaWing said. Anemone was quiet for a few moments, thinking about what to do next. "You know the prophecy, do you remember anything in there about a couple of octopus heads letting the MudWing drown? Do you want to ruin Pyrrhia's only chance at peace?"
The second SeaWing lowered his head. "No, the war has to end," The second SeaWing said, "You saved my brother today when you sent him to have his wounds tended."
The SeaWing lifted his head up and looked at Anemone. "We want to help you, but if we support a new queen. . . It could go badly for us," He said. "She can't be our new queen, the dragonets have to be outside thw war," The first SeaWing guard said. "If you really are the Dragonets Of Destiny, how are you going to make the prophecy come true?" The second SeaWing asked. I probably shouldn't say something like 'I have no idea', Anemone thought, I owe them a good answer.
"Listen, I don't know if I'm supposed to be the next SeaWing queen or not, sometimes I think Queen Coral is doing everything right, other times. . . Anemone trailed off. She glanced at the cave Umber and the others in the cave, she then moved her eyes back to the pair of SeaWings. "Just give me the key," Anemone said calmly. The green scaled SeaWing took the key and handed it to Anemone. "Thank you, I'll do everything I can to protect you," Anemone said, "What are your names?"
"Snail and Herring," The other SeaWing said. "If you do become queen. . . Remember us, whatever she does to punish us. . . Take care of our families," Herring said. Anemone nodded her head, and as she began to turn to leave she heard Snail say something. "And stop the war, please, whatever you have to do," Snail pleaded. Anemone turned to leave, and she quickly made it to the dragonets cave. "Hooray!" Ostrich said. "Wow, I did not think that was going to work," Kinkajou said.  Anemone quickly made it to Umber's talon, and unlocked the chain. "There's a dry cave above this one, go there, I'll see about food," Anemone said. The four dragonets quickly flew off and went to the cave above them. "Thank you, you saved my friends," Anemone said. "I didn't do much," Pike said. "Yes you did," Anemone said. "I should get out of here," Pike said. At least I've found a few dragons I can trust  in The Kingdom Of Sea, Anemone thought.