Chapter Four: Tuesdays

NOTICE ME

Chapter Four — Tuesdays

TUESDAYS ARE FOR running. Because of your lack of classes on this particular day, you decided this semester that Tuesdays would be your day to run.

This morning, you put on your most comfortable set, taking your phone and placing your headphones around your neck.

"I'll be back," You tell Yachi after knocking and opening her door. She tells you to be safe and you close her door before heading out.

Still deciding on what playlist to put on, you step outside of the building complex and stretch for a bit, starting with your legs and finishing with your arms.

Because of your piles of homework—chem is currently kicking your ass—you choose to only run for 20 minutes, hoping to get at least 3 miles in.

You take a deep breath, taking in all your surroundings. It's beginning to get sunnier at your campus making you want to plan cute hangouts with your friends, but for now you had miles to run.

The path starts at a trail surrounded by the recently blossomed trees. Running closer to your campus felt like the best option, so it's why you try your best to run in a circle. When you reach a traffic light, you use this time to catch your breath. The light signals it's your turn, you make your way towards it and continue on with your run.

Many, many steps later, you find yourself in a familiar, and your favorite, cafe. You wanted to treat yourself now because you know you won't have the time to later.

Instead of ordering right away, you sit down on the seats by the cafe's giant window. A few moments passed before you made the decision to go to the restroom and freshen up. You walk out after finishing and sit back down where you were.

Usually, you aren't too distracted by the bell ringing whenever the door opens, but today you can't help but look up everytime. It might be because there isn't a laptop in front of you to keep you occupied, but as of now that isn't important to you anymore. Not after your attention is currently settled on the 6'2 muscular man who happened to walk in.

Ushijim—in all his glory—wearing a loose dark grey short sleeve shirt, black sweatpants, and purple crocs. Seeing him outside of campus and in these clothes made you shamelessly stare, hoping he didn't look your way.

You debated on whether or not to approach him, but after seeing him get in line you decided to join him.

You catch up to him and wave, "Ushijima!" He turns to your direction. "Hey, I didn't expect to see you here."