Chapter 13

Francesca POV

My feelings were scattered around the hotel bed. Between an oppressive, guilty conscience and a bright, glowing infatuation.
I felt like a teenager. Simultaneously elated and terrified of being caught.

Manuel had triggered something in me, it was indescribable. He had explored every part of my body and conquered it with his passionate kisses. We had laughed briefly when I saw that he was equipped with a condom in his suitcase and I replied that he was probably pretty sure of himself and that he didn't have to hack the hotel for it.

I chewed nervously on my lip, unsure whether I could leave it at one now that I'd had a taste of it. Manuel was just in the shower. We had realised that we had another kind of hunger and wanted to go out for something to eat.

It was crazy. Normally I had to beat myself up for the boundary crossing I had done, but apart from a dull feeling in my stomach, I felt free.

"Shall we?" Manuel entered the room wearing blue jeans, a black T-shirt and holding a colleague's jacket over his arm while I looked at myself in the mirror and smoothed out the fabric of my yellow, strapless, flower-printed dress with balloon sleeves that ended just above my knees.

I turned round approvingly and Manuel licked his lips fleetingly as his eyes lingered on the sight of me.

"Too much?" I asked nervously. Unsure about my choice of outfit. I had showered and got ready first and had already looked for a nice Mediterranean restaurant where we could eat.

"You look scrumptious."
Manuel pulled me by the hand to his chest and ran his hands over my bum before gripping it tightly.
"Come now Medusa. Before there's a second round." He playfully slapped me on the bum, which elicited a squeaky cry from my throat.

Jesus. What was I doing here?

/////////////////////////

The food was fantastic and we had decided to go out for a drink afterwards. This time I let Manuel decide and I wasn't disappointed.

He had picked out a lounge bar with a nightclub. It was a lounge bar with cosy, low chairs at the front. At around ten o'clock, the tables at the back of the bar were pushed aside and Latin music pulsated over the bass. I was surprised at first because everything suddenly seemed to get out of hand.

The chairs were pushed against the wall like crazy and suddenly the cellarers came through the rooms with trays full of shots.

"Do you dare Medusa? I say you can't even manage two shots in a row. You'd better sip your Long Island. At your age, you shouldn't put your liver through so much..." His eyes sparkled mischievously, his lips pulled into a mocking and challenging smile.
He waved the waitress over and immediately bought four shots and downed one.

Manuel challenged me by making fun of my taste in alcohol and my age.
Wait you little shit! I'd had partied before him.

I stood up proudly, bent over the table and downed the remaining three shots in turn. I bent down so that he could see my cleavage. He wasn't the only one who could challenge.

Satisfied, I straightened up and a broad grin adorned my face when I saw his lustful gaze on me.
Manuel ran his fingers through his hair and stood up agonisingly slowly while he probably undressed me in his mind.
I was a little scared, but also full of anticipation. What would he do now?
"Ven (come)," he said curtly and pulled me with him.
At first I thought he was going to drag me to the nearest toilet, but it was much better.
He pulled me onto the dance floor.
What was better than sex?
Almost sex.
The feeling of the touch on my skin, the teasing and teasing. Feeling each other's heat. The tingling in my
my stomach and the throbbing between my legs.

That was Bachata Sensual. A Latin American dance. I only knew the basic steps. My mum had insisted that I took dance lessons in the past and I couldn't have been more grateful now.
Manuel led me round the room and I was intoxicated. Similar to the first evening when we danced together, but this time it felt more intense, deeper.
A big difference to the men from other continents, the Latinos danced, sang or played a musical instrument. Not all of them, of course, but the rumour persisted that they did it to score points with the women.
I didn't care why Manuel could handle his hips like a god, I savoured every second as if it was just for me.
In between, we took a short break to drink or make out. The alcohol and the heady feeling probably made us a little too free.
But once again, we only had this one evening.

No one knew us here in LA, we were free. Reality was already waiting for us on the doorstep.

At some point, Manuel suggested we call it a day and I looked at my watch in shock. It was already past two o'clock and we had to be at the exhibition centre by eight.
I hope I didn't have a headache when I woke up.

///////////////////////////////

"Francesca."
Mh?
"Francesca."
Hey?
"MEDUSA!"

I sat up in bed, startled, and quickly wiped the drool from the corner of my mouth.
I was briefly confused and had to sort out my memory.
Flight.
Shared room.
Sex.
Eating.
Dancing.
Alcohol in large quantities.
The battle of who can hold their liquor better. 
Oh my God! What had got into me.
Every single second of our trip so far came back with throbbing temples and a pounding headache. I didn't regret much, but I did regret the amount of alcohol.
As if Manuel had read my thoughts, he came to bed dressed in a towel, freshly showered and with a glass of water and a packet of aspirin.
"Don't say anything now," I threatened him with a raised index finger, but I had to grin when I looked at his tired face.
"I needed one too," he laughed and I gratefully accepted the water and aspirin.

"Give me half an hour and I'll be ready. We'd better skip breakfast or what do you say, Manuel?" I grabbed my clothes and quickly scurried into the bathroom.
Hopefully the table will work quickly. I was just so happy to only be at the fair as a visitor this time and not exhibiting myself.
I should be able to walk through the corridors and make small talk with potential new partners, even with a hangover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello and happy friday!!
30 May challenge is done now.
Happy to continue with this story.
Xoxo
MadalenaCo