Chapter 14

Francesca POV

The fair was a complete success. We were able to discover a few new ideas for new décor and trends. Manuel had spoken to a few suppliers and introduced himself. He was pretty good at talking to people. I had withdrawn and let him take the lead. Also because the dull headache never completely subsided. A successful but exhausting day.

Unfortunately, the hotel had kept its promise and provided a second room for Manuel and I had managed to persuade him to move into it for the last night. I was lying tired in the hotel bed, my left side cool with emptiness, when suddenly my mobile phone went off and a message from Manuel lit up.

Mr Sunshine:
What are you doing?

Me:
What am I supposed to be doing right now? I was going to bed.
Why are you still awake?

Mr Sunshine:
I'm thinking about you.

Mr Sunshine:
Always.

Manuel typed one message after another and his words brought a smile to my face and butterflies to my stomach. My heart fluttered, like a bird's wings in the wind. I bit my lips nervously before typing my bold reply and sending it off.

Me:
How often? ;-)

Mr Sunshine:
All day long.

I laughed out loud.
He was crazy! Maybe just as crazy as I was.
I quickly typed a reply.

Me:
Sure, don't. You're lying.
There's a lot to do tomorrow and the return flight leaves very early.
You also have to prepare the summary of the fair.
Go to sleep. Go on!

I sent him a gif of a boss baby who had fallen asleep at his desk. His ego could do with a little side-swipe about his age.

Mr Sunshine:
Oh, you don't believe me? Do I have to show you in the office the day after tomorrow? ;-)

Manuel challenged me again and, giggling, I bit my lower lip again and typed my reply. We would fly straight back tomorrow morning and I would then go to the office. Manuel was supposed to work from home the rest of the day then and summarise the fair in a presentation. We wouldn't see each other at work until Thursday.

Me:
How are you going to show me? ;-)

I countered and our messages followed a quick exchange. My heart was beating as fast as the messages were going back and forth.

Mr Sunshine:
I have my ways there.

Me:
You're bluffing.

I attached a GIF of a cat at the poker table. Manuel was too much Sunnyboy and Sunshine for his threat to strike fear in me.

Mr Sunshine:
The more you give me, the more I want.
I'm never full.

Mr Sunshine:
Your lips taste so sweet. My desire is endless.

Mr Sunshine:
The way you react to my touch...
Tell me, do you feel it too ?

I swallowed and suddenly felt hot. The desire overwhelmed me. My body was burning with heat and a slightly exciting dizziness clouded my senses.
What should I say to him?

Unsure what to say, I sent him a kiss selfie of me and a goodnight emoji.

Mr Sunshine:
More, baby

My breath hitched and a lightning bolt shot through my body. It was the first time he hadn't called me Medusa. My heart was racing like it was running a triathlon. I wanted to give in to the craving and the throbbing between my legs, but tomorrow was a long busy day, so I had to put off that teasing until later.