Prologue

The silence hung heavy in the air as Max stood alone in the dimly lit paddock, the echoes of the final race of the 2028 F1 season still ringing in his ears. Around him, the remnants of the day's festivities lay scattered like discarded confetti, a stark reminder of the celebrations that had unfolded without him.

For Max, the end of the season brought not triumph, but a profound sense of emptiness that seemed to seep into his very bones. As he gazed out at the empty grandstands, he couldn't help but feel the weight of his own regrets pressing down on him like a leaden cloak.

The events of the past year had taken their toll on Max, leaving him adrift in a sea of loneliness and longing. His decision to push Charles away in a misguided bid for victory had left him feeling more isolated than ever, the chasm between them widening with each passing day.

And yet, amidst the quiet solitude of the paddock, a flicker of hope still burned within Max's heart. Despite the distance that separated them, he couldn't shake the feeling that his decision had been a mistake—a regret that gnawed at him like a persistent ache.

Across the paddock, Charles basked in the glow of his hard-won victories, his name emblazoned in lights as the champion of the season. But for all his success on the track, there was a hollow emptiness that lingered just beneath the surface, a void that even the brightest of victories couldn't fill.

For Charles knew that his triumphs came at a cost—a cost measured not in trophies or accolades, but in the fractured bond between him and Max. Try as he might to bury the pain of their separation beneath a facade of success, the truth remained undeniable: he was incomplete without Max by his side.

And so, as the sun dipped below the horizon and the paddock fell silent once more, Max and Charles found themselves adrift in a sea of regret and longing, each yearning for the other in ways they couldn't fully articulate.

But little did they know that their journey was far from over. For in the depths of their despair, there still lay the promise of redemption—a chance to mend what had been broken and forge a new path forward, together. And as they stood on the precipice of a new chapter in their lives, Max and Charles knew that the road ahead would be long and fraught with challenges. But with the glimmer of hope burning bright in their hearts, they were ready to face whatever lay ahead, united in their determination to find their way back to each other.

___________

Hi! Welcome to Love Me Again, so this is my second book, but still english is not my first language so don't mind if you see some small errors. 

I didn't mention it in the first book but obviously i don't own the characters, but i do own the plot.

Also don't hesitate to vote, comment and follow, i kind of write a lot on my profile's conversation but i don't have a lot of answers 😭​  so it would really motivate me (no pressure it's just that i feel like talking for nothing sometimes........)

⚠️ Obviously this is the prologue, not a lot of info on what's going to happen as i want to keep the suspens, but i'm not going to post the rest of the story right away as i want to plan the plot better and have more chapters written than posted, i mentioned this in the conversation but i was barely keeping up with the rythme i had for Left Behind so i want to be less stressed out for the sequel. ⚠️

Also I mentioned it in the conversation but I'm going to add it here as well : I made a Tiktok account (febwoob) but I'm a really bad editor because I don't edit at all, so I would like to find someone who could potentially work with me on that account because the goal is to reach as many people as possible on different scales, if anyone is interested, don't hesitate to contact me, wether it's here or on tiktok, it would really help so really i'm repeating myself but if anyone is interested please don't hesitate !

Hope you enjoy it 🫶​