Chapter 15-

T.w.
Blood
Vomiting
Descriptions of Wounds

3rd person POV

It had been months since Zelda had left the Domain. She could have already left, but she was curious about the Blood Moons and stayed to study them. She still hadn't figured out what was happening with them, but she didn't want to give up.

She had heard talk of a dark knight on a dark-colored horse roaming around Hyrule, terrorizing people on his journey to an unknown location. He became known as the Dark Hero, as he resembled the evil shadow of the Hero of Hyrule as he was described in old legends; with dark skin and long, light hair, glowing red eyes and a love for fighting and bloodlust. These rumors horrified Zelda, but she was curious about this Dark Hero she'd heard about.

----------

"Are you sure you want to go, princess?" Sidon asked Zelda as she hopped on her horse. "You're absolutely sure you need to? Hyrule Field is quite far away from here, even by horse. It will take you at least four days." She nodded at him.

"I am sure," she said. "I've memorized the locations of the villages and stables on the way there, so I'll rest there during the nights. And, yes, I do absolutely need to go. The castle needs repairs."

"And you have enough money to pay for your stays there?" He asked her. She nodded again.

"Yes, Prince Sidon, I have more then enough money."

"What about food?" Zelda chuckled as Sidon continued speaking to her.

"I'm fine," she said, smiling down at him. "I have food, money for Inns, a weapon.. I'll be alright. And, in case I'm not, my horse knows the way back here, so if it shows up without me, send someone out for me." Sidon sighed.

"Alright," Sidon responded. "Have a safe trip to the Castle." Zelda bowed her head at him, he bowed back, and Zelda gently flicked the reins on her horse and left the Domain.

After a few days, she'd made it to the Dueling Peaks Stable, where she would stay the night. The poor stable looked like it had been destroyed and poorly put back together. The fabric roof was torn, half of the wooden beams supporting it were broken, and the fences keeping the animals in were completely burnt down.

Zelda ended up speaking with a nice young merchant named Beedle who traveled across Hyrule and stayed at stables between his adventures. He explained to her that the Dark Hero had attacked the stable multiple times in the last week, and that the owners had begun thinking about tearing it down all together because the repairs were so expensive.

"So this Dark Knight is going after this stable..?" Zelda asked. "Have there been any reports from other stables or villages about these attacks? Maybe we can find a pattern." Beedle shook his head.

"Not that I know of," he frowned. Suddenly, they heard loud, fast running sounds getting closer and closer. Zelda looked up and saw a charcoal colored horse rushing towards them. On it's back was a small figure; short stature, with narrow shoulders and skinny limbs. He had no shirt, but a thin layer of malice covered his chest. He had long hair that flowed down to his waist. His hair was silver and white, and his eyes glowed red in the dim moonlight.

"The Dark Hero," Zelda whispered to herself. "Beedle, you should get inside the stable. I can draw him away from here." Beedle nodded and went inside. Zelda quickly jumped on her horse and flicked the reins, dashing towards the Dark Hero. She pulled out her bow and aimed it at him, missing her shot. The Hero's horse reared back and turned towards Zelda, who rode her horse West, away from the stable. The dark horse chased after her, following her into Hyrule Field.

Zelda jumped off of her horse, who continued running until it was a safe distance away from the Dark Hero. She pulled out her bow again, aiming at the Hero. The arrow hit his shoulder and his horse reared back from fear, dropping him backwards and running away. The Hero stood, glaring at Zelda with his glowing red sword unsheathed. Only now had she realized that his body was littered with Arrows and blades.

He raised his sword, swinging it down at Zelda. She dodged it, and stepped behind the Hero, pushing him forward and pinning his back to the ground. He squirmed, trying to get out of her grasp.

She noticed a bump on his back, buried in the Malice. She poked it, and it was an eye. It rose up on a stalk, staring at Zelda. She winced at the sight, grabbed an arrow from her quiver, grabbed the eye, and stabbed it with the arrowhead. It cried out, a deep groan of pain, before exploding into a small poof of purple and black smoke. The Malice exploded with it, revealing the Dark Hero's skin.

It was scarred, with multiple deep cuts and scratches. There was a very deep, wide stab wound on his left shoulderblade. There was some blood on his body, but he didn't seem to be bleeding from anywhere. His hair had turned blonde when the Malice disappeared.

He pushed himself up, supporting himself with his arms against the grass. He inhaled sharply and coughed, vomiting Malice onto the grassy field. He gasped when it stopped, and he collapsed sideways onto the clean grass. Zelda leaned over him to see his face. She turned his body closer to hers and gasped when she saw his face.

"Link!?"