Chapter 18 -

T.w.
Mention of Death

[Slightly shorter chapter]

3rd person POV

"..you've what!?" Link asked, shocked.

"All of the leaders have," Sidon explained. "The Gerudo informed us after their town was destroyed by the Calamity a few days ago. Everyone was notified." Link's heart dropped.

"..the Calamity is back?" He asked. It was more of a thought that ended up being spoken on accident. Sidon shrugged.

"It might," he said. "We don't know. Anyway, it scared me and my father, so we haven't told anyone else. I want to ask you what you think we should do." Link paused.

"..well, we should evacuate," he said eventually. "Everyone should leave their villages and go somewhere safe so that if their homes are attacked, they won't be hurt by the Calamity. Preferably somewhere on the very border of Hyrule, where the Calamity won't be able to get to easily."

"Can you help me tell the rest of the Zora?" Sidon asked him. Link nodded and stood, walking with Sidon into the Zora's Domain, where Zelda was speaking with Muzu.

"Muzu, he saved all of you," she told him.

"No, he tried to kill us!" Muzu yelled back at her. "What kind of person electrocutes as entire Domain housing an aquatic race??" Zelda inhaled sharply.

"The same one who saved said aquatic race from being completely corrupted by Calamity Ganon's malice," She said calmly. "The same one who is the reason you are all alive." Link cleared his throat and approached Zelda.

"Zelda, we need to get the Zora out of here," he said to her. "Apparently, the Gerudo have been attacked by what they think is Calamity Ganon. Sidon asked me for help, and we decided that evacuation is everyone's best bet right now." Zelda hesitated and didn't speak.

"And why should we trust the judgment of a Hylian?" Muzu asked. "We don't need to leave. We are perfectly safe here."

"Because, Muzu," Sidon chimed. "I happen to trust this Hylians judgment more than I trust yours." Muzu scoffed, offended.

"And why is that?" He asked.

"Because, last time you interacted with Link, you stabbed him," Sidon said angrily. "And I'm always afraid that you'll do something worse than that." Muzu hummed and left, cursing under his breath. Sidon sighed.

"Is he always like that?" Zelda asked. "I don't remember talking with him much before." Link nodded.

"When he's around me, yes," he said. "He thinks Mipha's death is my fault." Zelda sighed and hugged Link tightly.

"Zelda," Sidon smiled at her. "What are your thoughts on out plan?" He asked.

"Well, I need to hear the whole plan, first," she said.

"Ah, of course. Link, do you have a map?" Sidon pulled out his Sheikah Slate, opened the map and handed it to Sidon, who showed it to Zelda.

"This is where we are," Sidon said. "This is where we got a report that Calamity Ganon had attacked. Link wishes to go to these two places and get them to evacuate, somewhere near the borders of Hyrule, so the Calamity won't get to them." Zelda hummed.

"I like it," she said. "It's smart." She looked at Link. "I would recommend getting the Zora out first, because we're the closest to Gerudo Town and likely Ganon's next target." Link nodded.

"I'm considering taking them to Lurelin Village," he said. "It's a nice place. There's an ocean, medics, it's not too large, it's near Hyrule's Southern border, not that far away; it would be good for the Zora. It is a bit of a journey from here, though.." Zelda nodded.

"Yes," she said. "But, if we travel around the land through the Lanayru Sea, it will take much less time. I can take them there if you go and evacuate the others and check on the Gerudo people. I will talk to King Dorphan about this. Meet us at Lurelin Village when you finish evacuating everyone." Link nodded firmly and Sidon gave him back his Sheikah Slate.

"I will see you in Lurelin Village," Link smiled, teleporting away in a rush of blue light. Zelda and Sidon rushed up to the Throne Room and spoke with King Dorphan about the matter.

"Ah.." he said. "So, Sidon, you and the Hylian Champion have decided that leaving the Domain is the best decision?" Sidon bowed his head.

"Yes, father," he said. "We have. We Zora cannot fight the Calamity alone; not even the Gerudo could do it." King Dorphan hummed.

"Well, it is a pretty good idea," he admitted. "Alright, you may assist Zelda in the evacuation. I trust that you and her will lead the rest of us Zora there safely.. I will follow you shortly. I will meet you in Lurelin Village in roughly four days." Sidon smiled.

"Thank you, father," he said. "I will see you at Lurelin Village."