Swirling Skies

The two would find themselves walking around together almost every time Bronya would find herself with some free time. It's almost been two weeks since Caelus decided to visit Belobog, and Bronya knew he would be leaving soon. Time was against her as she found herself dreaming of the trailblazer she now adorned, it was something foreign to her. This feeling was like something out of the books her mother used to read to her when she was younger. Stories depicting two people falling in love, though Bronya was sure it was a one-sided ordeal in her case.

The trailblazer had made many friends and accomplices over his journey across the galaxy. She was simply a good friend to him, she thought.

It was late at night when Bronya found herself free, she was the type of person to be awake at such hours, and as she completed her final report for the day, the moon had already set itself up in the sky, the gleaming sun long gone.

She sat behind her desk for some moments, contemplating whether or not to ask Caelus for his time at such an hour. Most people would be asleep by now, but she assumed it wouldn't hurt, to send a message his way.

To her surprise, she received a reply before she could even place her phone back on her desk, telling her to wait for him at the front steps of Qlipoth Fort.

She would look at the message as she entered a small trance, her heart knotting itself as he hadn't hesitated to give his time to her.

Bronya would quickly snap out of it, standing up from the chair set up behind her desk and walking towards the large, wooden doors that served as the entrance to her office.

...

As she descended the steps of Qlipoth Fort, she could already see Caelus waiting for her at the bottom, waving at her with his usual bright smile.

She would wave back and as she reached the bottom of the steps, Caelus approached her.

"I'm sorry, I know it's late."

Bronya would begin, speaking up first as she sighed.

Caelus would quickly dismiss her apology, waving it off.

"Ah, it's fine. Plus, I've been wanting to show you something I found! I've been exploring more of Belobog recently, I think you'll like it."

Caelus would say, smiling as he tugged at Bronya's wrist.

"Come on!"

He began to walk, and she quickly began walking too, walking beside him with her usual stern expression, though she felt her cheeks heat up at the earlier touch. Though it was normal between them now, with the two getting closer throughout Caelus's visit, she still found his touch to be flustering.

The two would walk, and Bronya would simply listen to Caelus's rants, simply nodding now and then to indicate she was listening.

The streets of the Administrative District were empty at this hour, many people asleep, only streetlamps illuminating the dim, winding roads.

Caelus would begin to ramble on about his most recent trash can discovery, but Bronya cut him off instinctually.

"I've never been out so late before. It's so pretty."

She would state out of the blue, she quickly covered her mouth, apologizing for her sudden outburst.

Caelus would laugh it off, smiling nervously.

"It's fine, and I know, right?"

Caelus would say, before looking off to his right and grabbing Bronya's hand.

"Come on! We're almost there!"

Caelus would say enthusiastically, chuckling as he looked back at Bronya before looking forward again, continuing to lead her.